Week RC signal @120MT

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I just bought a Phantom 3 Pro and I was looking forward for the advertised 2KM flight distance, however every time I reach about 120/160MT I get the Week RC signal and shortly after I lose the video and then No signal at all.

I hope I'm just using some wrong settings or something, I'm flying the phantom just above me with zero interference and direct visual from the RC and the drone..... any suggestions?

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446721597.265252.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446721637.131557.jpg

Aerials staight up. Fly further away not directly on top. Make sure you update the go app from the dji website not the play store. Surounding area could have congested signals. Make sure line of site is good. With no imediate objects/trees around you. Sorry for rush post missus will kill me if i wriye another post. Happy flying !!!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Hi, I'm using an iPad, is the app from the App Store good or should I use an other one for the DJI website for example?

I tried flying far away and not only up, same problem, I never reached even 200MT... The site is very clear (no trees or anything else, I even tried on a very open beach) and the app is telling me that the RC signal is good..

I had video issues untill i downloaded the app from the website.

I flew last night with two friends, one using the p3pro and one with I1. We flew one by one to prevent Interference, my p3 was able to fly very far, without any problems with signal. However my friends who were flying the p3 pro and i1 lost signal when they flew the same route as I did.
So I guess it's down to luck? Don't really know how the thing works but it's obviously not very consistent.

I don't know if it can be just a luck thing... I'm getting about 5/10% of the advertised range every single time.. And I wish my problem would be only the video, but the whole drone loses connection and comes back home..

I'll try to install the android app from the website to my phone and try that (the iPad app can be downloaded only from the App Store) but I think that that can fix maximum the video feed, not the actual range..

Thanks for the suggestions though, and if anyone else have some other tips please do let me know! :)

What are your software versions ?
What version of the App?
What version is the RC
Wha version is the phantom?

Make sure the iPad is only running the GOapp even go into airplane mode. This will help make the iPad run cooler. Also I don't have a lot of extra apps I only use my iPad mini2 for the P3P.

Set the channel selection to manual and pick the cleanest channel, also lower rate to 4mb/s.
This usually helps.

Experiment with antenna angles, try to always be parallel to the legs on the P3P. Don't cross the antennas.

If these tips don't help. Do a clean restore of the iPad and a new clean install of the iOS and GOapp, no other apps at all.

And flying directly overhead does not work well because the P3P antennas are in the legs (vertical). Fly out 2x vertical distance, you will get better reception.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks. I was scrolling through the responses to see if someone had noted why he has this issue when flying with the Phantom "just above" as he noted. You got it. He is almost certainly not correctly orienting his antenna when the Phantom is above him. We've seen similar posts so many times!

Last edited:
You are experiencing the interference issue I have the same issue after the latest updates.
Something in the latest software has changed the channel sensitivity, then now have 10 more interference from signal interference.

Some have mentioned doing a hack to 32 channels I am going to look into it and possibly try.. Not sure if it will help?
I now fly on channel 20 it has minimal interference and then I drop the bit rate on the slider bar so that it has 1.25 mile range

My best now befor signal lose is a half mile.

Thank you a lot!! You are really helpful, I'll do some tests this weekend trying all these new things and let you know how it goes

You are experiencing the interference issue I have the same issue after the latest updates.
Something in the latest software has changed the channel sensitivity, then now have 10 more interference from signal interference.

Some have mentioned doing a hack to 32 channels I am going to look into it and possibly try.. Not sure if it will help?
I now fly on channel 20 it has minimal interference and then I drop the bit rate on the slider bar so that it has 1.25 mile range

My best now befor signal lose is a half mile.
Just a theory not tested or researched, do you think the fly way issues are because of the hack. Maybe when you lock it in a channel and it looses the connection it causes some sort of glitch ?

Yeah I was wondering the same thing my self.
I wonder if the flight logs would show a channel number above 20?

Yeah I was wondering the same thing my self.
I wonder if the flight logs would show a channel number above 20?
If i have time today ill try to grab data from this forum and see what i can find. You would think this would have been discussed already but ill double check

Thank you a lot!! You are really helpful, I'll do some tests this weekend trying all these new things and let you know how it goes

I agree on what the others have suggested. Always make sure your antenna are in the correct orientation. Especially when you play to fly far. And make sure you have a clear line of sight.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj