Wear and tear

Reaction score
Does the USB port wear out faster or the latch holding the SD card? I dont want my card poping out at 400 ft. Just wanted to know the best way to hook up to a PC. Thx

glee

Yes.

Per industry specifications, the MicroSD latch is supposed to be rated at 10,000 insertions. Now, if you ask anybody at DJI whether or not their supplier actually can attest to that, well, it would fun to see the replies - if any.

There are reports here of failures of the latch - they seem to be sporadic and fairly early on in the life of the AC. Probably a manufacturing defect at some level. It doesn't seem to be a Big Deal.

Same issue with the USB port. Spec says 100,000 insertions if IRC. Sourced from some unknown Chinese supplier with a dodgy materials chain? See above.

The major problem with the USB port is that it is amazingly slow. It's still at the 1.1 spec (I think, at least it acts like it). I'm nowhere near that patient. It also may be a no brainer if you want to use multiple cards during the day.

The card probably won't 'pop out' at 400 feet and disappear into the woods. It will fall on your shag carpet and get vacuumed up the next day.

Hate the damned things.

Reactions: ryantrax and G Lee

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31