Weak video signal

Reaction score
I have a phantom 3 4K which I have owned for a couple of weeks. Whenever I go over 25 m high I seem to get the weak video transmission despite the fact that the controller signal shows full. It's really frustrating.
I thought I would be able to do a few hundred metres without issue.
I am running the latest firmware and all on an iPhone 6plus.
Any ideas? Relinked the controller already and calibrated it but no better.
Is it safe to still fly even though I can't see the image and just use gps to carry on? I am under the impression if it totally loses signal it will return home?

I had a very similar issue with the new fw. I received some excellent advice from this group, and it was to simply uninstall the DJI GO app...and re-install. I tried it, and I had a problem free flight after.

I have a phantom 3 4K which I have owned for a couple of weeks. Whenever I go over 25 m high I seem to get the weak video transmission despite the fact that the controller signal shows full. It's really frustrating.
I thought I would be able to do a few hundred metres without issue.
I am running the latest firmware and all on an iPhone 6plus.
Any ideas? Relinked the controller already and calibrated it but no better.
Is it safe to still fly even though I can't see the image and just use gps to carry on? I am under the impression if it totally loses signal it will return home?
You are loosing your video transmission to your remote, RTH will happen when the Phantom looses signal from the remote, or you tell the Phantom to RTH. Make sure your RTH elevation is set to clear objects on return.
Here is some chatter just on RTH, some stuff you should know, but for now, just look for the important answers that you have.
Question about Radio, uplink, downlink, frequency, & telemetry
Lost signal (but not really)
Best Method to RTH?

Are you loosing telemetry when you loose video?

Rod

When you look the forum, make sure your reading problems with video signals (as you posted) and not remote control signals which what I have had, and mostly watch..

I posted in this thread because I thought I has geting poor video signals, but nothing like the others.
Firmware Upgrade - Image Transmission Signal Awful

Rod

I believe he had (has) the same problem, but posted in a remote control signal problem thread.
Post #32
Terrible signal performance
He never responded to my post.

Rod

Thanks everyone. Reinstalling the app seems to have improved it a lot. I assume there must be s lot of wifi interference in the area I'm testing in, but range has at least doubled.

O-righty!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers