Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Weak Transmission Signal?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Hugh-1, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Hugh-1

While flying two different P3Ps today I got a red flashing "Weak Transmission Signal" at the same place. Is this an indication of a weak video signal or control signal? Other then the warning I did not lose control and the video never flickered. What may have caused this?

2. Solar Deity

Sunspots.

In Cuse myself......

SD

Lefty63 likes this.
  3. Lefty63

I got the same error. Pretty scary as I was flying over the Seneca River at the time. Did you find a resolution?

4. Solar Deity

Every once in a great while, I''ll boot up and have the weak RC signal, even though I'm 5 feet away. I just reboot and every time it restarts normally. Transmission signal I believe is the video feed, as opposed to the RC signal. You can lose video, and still remain in full control of the P3. If it happens while in flight, as long as your home point is up to date, the RTH will bring you home. Make sure your RTH altitude is set above the tallest surrounding objects. You can guide it back with the telemetry, map and radar as well. Just maintain a minimum height above trees and other tall objects

SD

Lefty63 likes this.
  5. Lefty63

Thanks. I just got the P3P back from an extended (2 month) stay at DJI Repair. Long story. So I was a little worried, since there have been new FW updates during that time. It never happened before in this area. I did maintain LOS and full control of the AC, but not being able to view it's path on the ipad mini was a little nerve wrecking.