Weak Transmission Signal on Phantom 3 Pro

Reaction score
I have recently been encountering the problem on my Phantom 3 Pro that says "Weak Transimission signal". I tried updating the software and saw no problems fixed I tried restarting the drone and the remote, and restarting my phone, I also updated the software for both of my Flight intelligent batteries and the software for the drone and remote and updated the DJI GO software. Ive had this drone for several months and have never had this problem, unless at a reasonable distance. The transmission signal will cut out at any distance and will occur anytime from 11 seconds of recording up to 5 minutes and then will just cutout and take several minutes to allow me to begin recording again. The drone flies perfectly and still responds during this error but since I cant record video or take any pictures at any resolution or change the cameraettings it does not serve its purpose. The problem continues to occur as well in the DJI GO flight simulator as well showing its a software problem (I think). Ive also tried flying it in several locations and the problem continues to happen.I have also reformatted the SD card and nothing I dont know what else to try.

Thanks. Andrew

So the aircraft has been operating perfectly, no issues. Then one day out of nowhere it began showing signs of something not being right. Is this right? Or had you always experience some kind of issue?

yes! thats exactly what happened as bad (or awkward) as it sounds haha. I mean I've tried everything I can think of and don't know what else. I had used it a couple of days before it started acting up and not a hiccup in the couple of flights I did and then all of a sudden it feels like not working.

Try a brand new "cable" from your device to the TX....

Ive had it twice now, take off camera and gimbal takes 2 minutes and blow in to connector ports re plug in everything always seems to fix it for me good luck.

You flew close to wifi or town ? This maybe a reason. Otherwise, I changed my antennas for the MaxRange antennas. You won't find the end of it.... you'll go to the end of your batteries begore loosing signal.
www.dbsmods.com

yes! thats exactly what happened as bad (or awkward) as it sounds haha. I mean I've tried everything I can think of and don't know what else. I had used it a couple of days before it started acting up and not a hiccup in the couple of flights I did and then all of a sudden it feels like not working.

I need to know your current OS, is it ios or android?

And which app and aircraft firmware versions do you currently have installed?

Reactions: Walkers13
I am having a similar problem with my P3Pro that I carried with me on a five month road trip last year. I would launch my drone in hopes of flying mine at least three miles in some beautiful wide open country. But, I would start getting a weak signal warning and my drone would only be 1 1/2 miles out. I was told that since I am not using any kind of virtual reality glasses that I could lower the "gain" for that particular signal. I forgot to mention that I only had less than six hours of flight time on my Phantom before I left my home. I did have a bunch of flight time with my first quad. My point is, I have no idea as to where I go within the DJI Go app. I keep the firmware up to date in the drone, controller and the batteries. I have been very pleased as to the flight time I am getting with all of my batteries.
I have the latest DJI firmware update. I use a iPad mini os 10.2

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
i have a problem with my phantom 3 advanced drone after updating firmware it says in the screen that the remote controller has weak signal at about 20meters flight.
I did already all the calibrations and the re linking of the remote and aircraft.

Ive had it twice now, take off camera and gimbal takes 2 minutes and blow in to connector ports re plug in everything always seems to fix it for me good luck.

How do you take off camera and gimbal? Any pics or videos that can guide me?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl