Weak Remote Signal "solution" + Questions

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

When you reach(if you do) alltitude of 500 meters with your P3S, how do you go up? Do you go at once? Or slowly slowly?
Cause i always had a problem going up, my max was 200 meters, not even. After i was getting weak remote signal and rth.
So today i tried this, went up as much as i could, which was around 160 meters, and after, did a little by little. went slowly 10-15 meters up, and the moment i started to get weak remote signal, i would move the bird, a bit forward or backward, also slowly, until it wouldn't catch green signal again. after it did, i would go slowly again 10-15 meters, until next weak signal alert and so on, until i reached 350 meters, which was my max set in the settings.
1) Is it how you all do, with your standards, adv and pros? Or still something wrong with my Standard.

When i flew away for around 400 meters from me, it lost a signal, very strangely. It went all grey, and connection between remote and bird was lost. The screen was grey. This lasted for like 10-15 seconds, i was panicking, i walked around and signal got renewed.
I have a question, what would happen, if signal wouldn't get renewed?
Cause as i understood, the bird wasn't doing the RTH, eventhough it was in the Failsafe settings. Because after it reconnected, it was still at the same place where it lost signal.
2) So, why does the GREYING Out happen? And how to avoid it?

Hello everyone.

When you reach(if you do) alltitude of 500 meters with your P3S, how do you go up? Do you go at once? Or slowly slowly?
Cause i always had a problem going up, my max was 200 meters, not even. After i was getting weak remote signal and rth.
So today i tried this, went up as much as i could, which was around 160 meters, and after, did a little by little. went slowly 10-15 meters up, and the moment i started to get weak remote signal, i would move the bird, a bit forward or backward, also slowly, until it wouldn't catch green signal again. after it did, i would go slowly again 10-15 meters, until next weak signal alert and so on, until i reached 350 meters, which was my max set in the settings.
1) Is it how you all do, with your standards, adv and pros? Or still something wrong with my Standard.

When i flew away for around 400 meters from me, it lost a signal, very strangely. It went all grey, and connection between remote and bird was lost. The screen was grey. This lasted for like 10-15 seconds, i was panicking, i walked around and signal got renewed.
I have a question, what would happen, if signal wouldn't get renewed?
Cause as i understood, the bird wasn't doing the RTH, eventhough it was in the Failsafe settings. Because after it reconnected, it was still at the same place where it lost signal.
2) So, why does the GREYING Out happen? And how to avoid it?
The range with the Standard is not the same as the Pro or the Advanced...

I have a standard and so far the highest I've gotten with it has been 180m. That was almost right above me, which I now know isn't the best spot to test the altitude. The app said I was disconnected and the transmitter signal was gone. Then it said my return to home had timed out. So I pulled down on the throttle stick and happy as **** I finally saw it a minute or so later. Idk what the max altitude is but I know it's better to do it from a decent distance in front of you

The range with the Standard is not the same as the Pro or the Advanced...
Na but it's catching up 2.6 miles.jpg
tongue_smiley3.gif

I am talking about Standard and how to solve the altitude issue. What does pro or adv have to do with it.

Yes you are but you included this in your post
) Is it how you all do, with your standards, adv and pros?

All 3 will go 500 meters high if working right and you have your settings right and you do it right .
I don't because it's not safe here and I go long .

All 3 will go 500 meters high if working right and you have your settings right and you do it right .
I don't because it's not safe here and I go long .
Thats the whole point. I am saying, how do you reach your HiGh altitudes? Slowly slowly without losing signals or not?

When I do go high I watch my signal bars and go as fast as I can.
Remember it takes longer to come down than go up.
You are not going to do well going straight up.
It's trial and error. See what works the best for you as there is no set
Way to do it.

Your antenna is supposed to be so that if your quad is a wall your antenna is parallel. So straight above you, antenna should be straight out, if out in front of you, antenna straight up with controller aimed at quad. Once I found this out I have far less weak or loss of signal instances, and have no trouble reaching 500 meters altitude.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues