Weak RC Signal Red Alert message pops up in flight and or before take off?

There are so many threads on max distance but there is no reason we should have any issues going out 400 ft, its much further than that. The fact I have full RC strength and it momentairly drops off to zero when i am doing nothing and pointed in the same direction and not moving seems to suggest some sort of flaw. Some people have been blaming the latest firmware but that's really all that I run. Is there anything else that can be done to avoid this happening?
400 feet is impressive... I've not had the strength to hover mine above 180 feet yet.

Plus the weather is not the best here in the UK right now, it's winter and winds are up and down.

I can get the RC message to momentarily pop up within 100 ft. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with distance, rather hardware/software.

Since FW_V01.03.0050 I've also experienced some strange "weak RC-signal" messages which I've not seen prior to this upgrade...Didn't trigger RTH but affected live video.

Tried a R/C re-pair and going to fly some more this evening.

//Per

If you are getting a weak signal message when it is right next to you this is expected behavior. It can be as simple as the signal is actually too strong and overloading the receivers; no issues to worry about. The other common error is that when you first takeoff and the copter is generally close, where is your antenna pointed? The tip should Never point directly at the copter as this is the weakest part of the transmitted signal. The signal is transmitted from the length of the antenna and ideally the antenna should be aligned so that it is parallel to the "legs" / landing gear (vertical part) of your copter. This will make for the strongest transmitted and received signal. It is more critical close in at times then further out (because of the signal shape / polarity) but will also reduce your overall range if not observed as you get further away). Yes I've observed the same conditions everyone has posted and with a reorientation of my RC antenna I have flown to 1200m @ 400ft agl with full strength still being indicated, no video drops; a large building between I and the copter all using a stock P3S setup. Worse case, the signal does drop and the RTH fall safe kicks in.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just got my P3S and i got the same message popping out once in a while while in flight or before arming the motors... it does not affect the aircraft ,, nor does it jump to "no signal" but the weak rc signal does pop up and goes away fast... I got the lat update and im thinking about returning the drone... but as another person said.. he returned his and got his second one with the same problem... so.. i dont know what to do..

Since FW_V01.03.0050 I've also experienced some strange "weak RC-signal" messages which I've not seen prior to this upgrade...Didn't trigger RTH but affected live video.

Tried a R/C re-pair and going to fly some more this evening.

//Per
Any improvement. I have the same issue but seems still the same problem after the latest firmware. Before i was getting over 1000 meters but now only 150 meters

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 using Tapatalk

Any improvement. I have the same issue but seems still the same problem after the latest firmware. Before i was getting over 1000 meters but now only 150 meters

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 using Tapatalk

Since 1.6.0080 just getting the "weak RC-signal" messages occasionally, no RTH triggered and test flights up to 400m OK. Going to test further away when the weather allows.

//Per

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4