Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Weak RC Signal Red Alert message pops up in flight and or before take off?

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by 250Flyer, Feb 3, 2016.

1. 250Flyer

Any idea why I get a Weak RC Signal message that pops up every now and then? -

Sometimes I get the message before I take off and then it pops up every now and then in flights for a few seconds then goes off?

It doesn't seem to effect the phantom.

It does it in doors also.

2. 250Flyer

3. Techcop50

I had a similar issue yesterday, first time. Everything between the drone and controller looked good, but the center bar on the Go app said no signal, and the video screen was black. I tried it several times, rebooting all devices. Then I changed locations, it finally hooked up.

4. dannyboy75

Mine does the same. I returned my first P3S because of it, but the second one is exactly the same so I just figured that it must be normal.

Like you say, it doesn't seem to have any negative effects, it's just a bit annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

5. 250Flyer

^ This HAS to be a firmware issue or some bug in the latest DJI GO app.

I only noticed this with the latest update, my very first p3s didn't show this if I remember correctly that's before it cracked.

If DJI or anyone reading this has this problem please post because this needs to be rectified asap.

I also have a problem with videos shot with my p3s camera...the video always seems noisey almost like a grainy and flickery/laggy low quality video on the recorded clip.

The video FPV seems fine.

#5 250Flyer, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  6. Helijoc

Mine started doing it after the 2.5 update. Signal bars show solid but it get that message when on the ground. Has not popped up during flight.

7. PapiGordo

Happens to me too pretty often

8. azpilot61

Agree mine started as well after the last update I did.. Video is fine on mine but the gimbal movement even after calibration jumps around. Made some changes and seems ok now, but at about 400' out video starts breaking up.

9. Mediacj

Same problem for me solid signal bars but frequently the "Weak RC Signal message" and strong interference message on start on locations where I got that never before.

10. azpilot61

After installing the ARGtek mod on the controller my problems went away. Good to 900' and no more warnings or popups.

11. markstoys

You are so right. Before this great update all was good .I did contact DJI support they say it's not DJI problem go figure

12. telescott

I too have been getting the "Weak RC Signal message" and "strong interference" message and have been for the past few weeks. I have even moved to the middle of nowhere and had the same message. But the quad flies fine. I would like to see an answer to this issue.

13. 250Flyer

I see DJI are brushing it off again.. Same with the cracks shell problems.

It's clearly a problem with the latest firmware on the quad or an issue with the latest DJI GO app - because it doesn't seem to effect the quad too much, if at all.

The "weak RC signal" warning sometimes appears before I've even took off in wide open area's. It happens indoors also.

I did lose signal about 100 feet up and 80-90 meters out above some tree's, I had good video signal before it happened, I was watching the FPV, all seemed fine - so I thought I'd do a slow circle around and then fly back to me (I didn't see a warning message before it dropped out) it just lost video signal then I got the warning "RC signal lost" in red, then it returned home - which was quite scary not knowing if it was coming back.. Range is pretty poor around open area's with tree's surrounding the edges, at least for me. I was standing near some bushes and tree's but not too close to them. The tree's around me are no more than 25-30 feet high, it's all over grown in parts with large open area's to take off and land safely, although it's over grown in places - it makes a good spot for flying due to it being away from buildings or property close by.

14. telescott

Yea DJI won't admit to problems. It is always a firmware that causes it.

15. Harrissment

The drones are very directional in the terms of signal from the RC even more so if you have upgraded to a dbsmod or have a windsurfer on the antenna...

Also the strong interference is common in high pop areas all homes have wifi now a days which travel much further than we know but the drones signals are affected by it!

At Least I think am right with this if not someone please correct me.

16. telescott

I never had the issue before . I was in the middle of a corn field. nothing at all around. nothing, not even power lines.

17. jttt777

I have gotten scared on mine a couple times where I get a lost RC signal message for a fraction of a second. It has never tried to return home yet but this does scare me. I have no idea why it does this because i have full strength that in a millisecond drops to no signal and then comes back to full strength. Often I am not moving, the quad is hovering and I am in direct line of sight and the quad is only a couple hundred feet away.

What do you think is going on? I've heard something about loose antennna issues but honestly this is a very intermittent problem as I can go several flights without one of these lost RC blips. Is this just want I need to accept for the product as the way it operates?

18. MisterSoftee

I'm having the same problem with the pop-ups. Mine has initiated RTH many times when I was less than 400 feet away.

Can someone please tell me what a P3 Standard's max. distance is supposed to be if everything is working properly?

Thanks in advance

Eric (Mister Softee)

19. jttt777

There are so many threads on max distance but there is no reason we should have any issues going out 400 ft, its much further than that. The fact I have full RC strength and it momentairly drops off to zero when i am doing nothing and pointed in the same direction and not moving seems to suggest some sort of flaw. Some people have been blaming the latest firmware but that's really all that I run. Is there anything else that can be done to avoid this happening?

20. 250Flyer

#20 250Flyer, Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016