"Weak RC Signal" question

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am running tests to see how far the drone can go from my house but as soon as I get .2 miles away or so, it starts staying "Weak RC Signal". If the signal gets lost, does the drone automatically fly back home or what is the exact process?

If you're running the default DJI GO settings, your Phantom will return to the home point when the remote controller signal is lost (as long as it's connected to 6+ satellites). You can also make it hover in place or land at its current location.

How do you avoid it from landing in the current location in this case? That is the only thing I would not want it to do.

Make sure this setting is set to "Return-to-Home" (the default setting):

IMG_2009.jpg

Great, thanks. Is the Smart Return Home the ability for it to come back once battery is too low?

When Smart Return Home is enabled, your Phantom will monitor the battery level and try to auto return home before the battery is at a level where your Phantom would not be able to make it back. The DJI GO app will notify you before it starts returning home. At that point, you can either let it come back or cancel the RTH.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
What about some people stating better to disable the Smart Return Home option?
There's no harm in keeping it enabled. If you decide to disable it, you just need to make sure you have enough battery power to get back to the home point -- since the DJI GO app will no longer remind you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl