"Weak RC Signal" before motors even armed?

Reaction score
The last few times I've gone to fly, I'm getting "Weak RC Signal" before takeoff. I've tried the antennas in different positions (pointing straight out from the controller, 90 degrees to the P3, 45 degree angle), and I'm getting the same error. So, I'll power down the bird, controller, app, restart...and eventually after playing a while I get Safe To Fly GPS. What is that? I'm like 8 or 9 feet away. Everything seems fine in flight, and it doesn't seem to occur again...but it's got me worried and staying close to home. Anybody experienced anything similar? Is it anything to worry about?

Attachments

• IMG_0369.jpg
    IMG_0369.jpg
    424.1 KB · Views: 899
The last few times I've gone to fly, I'm getting "Weak RC Signal" before takeoff. I've tried the antennas in different positions (pointing straight out from the controller, 90 degrees to the P3, 45 degree angle), and I'm getting the same error. So, I'll power down the bird, controller, app, restart...and eventually after playing a while I get Safe To Fly GPS. What is that? I'm like 8 or 9 feet away. Everything seems fine in flight, and it doesn't seem to occur again...but it's got me worried and staying close to home. Anybody experienced anything similar? Is it anything to worry about?
A weak RC signal is just that-- after your reboot, you state "that eventually after playing a while" I get Safe To Fly GPS. Do you mean after flying awhile?? If you are getting that message with the aircraft close to you, it should be a concern-- sounds like you your receiver in the Phantom my have an issue. Haven't seen that complaint before on the forum and it is not a common occurrence.

A weak RC signal is just that-- after your reboot, you state "that eventually after playing a while" I get Safe To Fly GPS. Do you mean after flying awhile?? If you are getting that message with the aircraft close to you, it should be a concern-- sounds like you your receiver in the Phantom my have an issue. Haven't seen that complaint before on the forum and it is not a common occurrence.

Yes, I do get the "Weak RC Signal" message before takeoff with the P3 close to me, and it won't even allow takeoff. The strange thing is, once the problem is resolved after a restart or 2, and I can get it airborne, it doesn't occur again. Just when the aircraft is on the ground. Hoping whatever it is would maybe be resolved with tomorrows app & firmware update

Ive found that if i start the RC before the P3 I get the weak RC signal everytime. at most 3 bars i will get. If i start the P3 first it works like a charm. just got this yesterday

Just try moving further away from the P3. Also change your angle slightly to the side and see if that helps.

I think sometimes you can be to close at take off and up to 20 meters.

yea i tried its not it. If i start the RC first i just flatout cannot get a clean lock on(clean signal) to the bird

Hello
I have occasionally 3 times the same problem in my Phantom 3 Profesional. I restart the RC and Phantom 3 and everything seems fine in flight, but I worried too. Any solution?

Regards

Hello
I have occasionally 3 times the same problem in my Phantom 3 Profesional. I restart the RC and Phantom 3 and everything seems fine in flight, but I worried too. Any solution?

Regards

Hello

Regards
yea exactly the same as me. I have started a support ticket. Ill let you know how it goes

My app shows no signal. Never has shown a signal and never seen the real time flight view.

Yesterday I had the same error when turn on my Phantom 3, but but a moment later, the full RC signal was recovered. I captured the screen of the problem. I have started a support ticket too to ask if this random anomaly when I turn on my bird is normal.

Attachments

• IMG_0552.PNG
    IMG_0552.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 648
Last edited:
I've been sitting at "no signal" since the latest updates. Between 1.4 and the last two DJI GO updates, my phantom has been flying like a lead balloon.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1445586864.539559.jpg

Hello. I have the latest Craft and RC firmware. I recordad this video with the problem:

Last edited:
Hello. I have the latest Craft and RC firmware. I recordad this video with the problem:

No 1-- you have it inside
it is connecting and going to Safe to Fly non GPS in Atti mode with 6 satellites.
You may not get enough satellites in side to get the green Safe to Fly GPS Mode.

Mine does the same thing--- probably nothing wrong-- It has to aquire at least 8 satellites to get the green GPS Icon
Take it outside and go through the same and you should get a green Safe to fly icon. You are showing full rc and video signal
Looks good to me.

No 1-- you have it inside
it is connecting and going to Safe to Fly non GPS in Atti mode with 6 satellites.
You may not get enough satellites in side to get the green Safe to Fly GPS Mode.

Mine does the same thing--- probably nothing wrong-- It has to aquire at least 8 satellites to get the green GPS Icon
Take it outside and go through the same and you should get a green Safe to fly icon. You are showing full rc and video signal
Looks good to me.
The problem seems to occur when the phantom 3 is turn on too close to the transmitter. Moreover, in my house there are many strong interference. Now it seems to work correctly in outdoors

Regards

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl