Weak/No Image Transmission Signal

Reaction score
My P3A is showing either a weak or no image transmission signal. My firmware is AC- 1.10.9, RC- 1.8.0, and App- 3.1.2. The gimbal light is green and I have no trouble flying, aside from the fact that I have no image on my iPad. I have tried removing the SD card and putting it back in the drone, but that doesn't help.

Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thank you!

My P3A is showing either a weak or no image transmission signal. My firmware is AC- 1.10.9, RC- 1.8.0, and App- 3.1.2. The gimbal light is green and I have no trouble flying, aside from the fact that I have no image on my iPad. I have tried removing the SD card and putting it back in the drone, but that doesn't help.

Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thank you!
Hi and welcome. I presume it was all working OK prior to this issue? How many flights have you had? Have you tried moving to another location?

Try unplugging usb cable from device and replugging it back in. Do you have a option for usb transferiing when plugged back in? Try another usb option if prompted.

One other thing, are you able to record or take photos?
I have only had about 4-5 flights w the drone. I have tried moving to a few other different places (all several miles away from each other). I wasn't having any trouble at all the first few flights, now the problem occurs every time I turn it on. I noticed after plugging it in to the computer that it is able to take pictures. I haven't tried to see if it will still record but I assume that it is still capable of doing so.

I have only had about 4-5 flights w the drone. I have tried moving to a few other different places (all several miles away from each other). I wasn't having any trouble at all the first few flights, now the problem occurs every time I turn it on. I noticed after plugging it in to the computer that it is able to take pictures. I haven't tried to see if it will still record but I assume that it is still capable of doing so.
What are you plugging into the computer? What version of iOS are you running. I presume it's the current? If not, update it.
Anyway, you can check if it's recorded anything on the flight record on the GO app (top left of the start screen on the app).
Rather than going through fully setting-up the AC to fly outside, try doing a test at home. Start the AC without the props and see if you can get the video to connect "on the bench". Keep the RC close to the AC. Once they are connected, if once again you have no image displayed from the camera, disconnect the USB from the iPad and then reconnect it. If that doesn't work, try another lightening cable. If that doesn't work, keeping the AC connected, disconnect the iPad, reboot it and reconnect it once again. Wait for it to complete the boot and then restart GO and see if that's fixed it. Finally, if none of these work, delete GO and reinstall it.

What are you plugging into the computer? What version of iOS are you running. I presume it's the current? If not, update it.
Anyway, you can check if it's recorded anything on the flight record on the GO app (top left of the start screen on the app).
Rather than going through fully setting-up the AC to fly outside, try doing a test at home. Start the AC without the props and see if you can get the video to connect "on the bench". Keep the RC close to the AC. Once they are connected, if once again you have no image displayed from the camera, disconnect the USB from the iPad and then reconnect it. If that doesn't work, try another lightening cable. If that doesn't work, keeping the AC connected, disconnect the iPad, reboot it and reconnect it once again. Wait for it to complete the boot and then restart GO and see if that's fixed it. Finally, if none of these work, delete GO and reinstall it.

The camera will record and take pictures just fine, I just can't seem them on my iPad so I have no clue what they look like until I play the video.

My iPad was recently updated, so it is good to go. I also tried all of your suggestions: Unplugged the USB from the iPad and reconnected, tried a different cord, rebooted the iPad and reinstalled the GO app. I'm still having no luck :(

If I wiggle the gimbal I can get a picture to show up on the iPad for a very short period of time and then it goes back to weak or no signal.

Do you see any option for USB type change? Have you deleted both CACHE and DATA? rebooted after that?

The camera will record and take pictures just fine, I just can't seem them on my iPad so I have no clue what they look like until I play the video.

My iPad was recently updated, so it is good to go. I also tried all of your suggestions: Unplugged the USB from the iPad and reconnected, tried a different cord, rebooted the iPad and reinstalled the GO app. I'm still having no luck :(

If I wiggle the gimbal I can get a picture to show up on the iPad for a very short period of time and then it goes back to weak or no signal.
Sounds like there's a loose connection on the gimbal / camera then. Presume as you're new here and with only 4/5 flights, the P3 is also very new, so take it back to the retailer.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl