Weak Mobile Device GPS signal. Cannot Acquire Location info.

Reaction score
I use a Nvidia Shield K1 tablet. In the MC Settings screen I click the Home Point Setting (the person) and I get the error "Weak Mobile Device GPS signal. Cannot Acquire Location info.". I check the shield GPS and it's working 100%. I used an app called "GPS Coordinates" to verify. It's reading the correct Lat, Log and Alt but the DJI app is not. Onthe main screen, bottom right, It's showing an Alt of 11,408.3 ft where is should be showing around 1000 ft.

About screen:
App: 3.1.2
Version: 1.8.10

To make sure it was not my Shield, I used my Samsung S5 Active. Again, the DJI app is wrong. It shows the same wrong Alt as did my Shield.

Any ideas on what's going on? Oh, btw, the "follow me" mode will not work because the Alt is wrong.

I can't use google maps the way my phone does. I use a wifi only tablet not a phone so I can't update the google maps on the fly. Have to go into DJI GO, connect to the Internaet, get the location I want to fly, get the map, turn off my Internet link, connect to drone. It seems to work but if I'm in an area where I don't have a cached map and no way to get it, then I may fly without one. The only other way is to setup a hot spot on my phone and connect to it...
Note: 3.0.1 GPS seems to be working correctly.

some people plan their flights and cache the maps others just fly and never use the maps , I had a good short flight this morning with 3.0.1 and fw 1.8.1 , was able to concentrate on setting up photos and not worry about anything else :D

some people plan their flights and cache the maps others just fly and never use the maps , I had a good short flight this morning with 3.0.1 and fw 1.8.1 , was able to concentrate on setting up photos and not worry about anything else :D
Yeah... I don't really look much at the maps but when I need it I want it there. I'm trying to decide if I should go with 3.1.1 instead of 3.0.1. HERE maps is the direction they are going to. Do you know of any issues with 3.1.1? If not why on earth did they release such a bad update 3.1.2? I'm a developer and we test, test and test again before releasing an update.

some say there is video lag with 3.1.1 , I couldn't get the HERE maps to cache properly , they seemed to cache with just the app running but going outside to fly only a blank detail less map would show up .

On my tablet, Nvidia Shield K1, it worked. Only the GPS read from the tablet was off. It was the distance from home that was off by a lot, but the maps worked fine for me. On mine, there is a video lag in 3.1.2 as well. To correct this I turned off "Cache Locally When Recording". I see no reason to download the video when I have a UHS 3 64GB memory in the drone..

I wonder if my problem with HERE maps not working could have been related to having the video cache while recording , maybe HERE maps require more from my basic phone ?

I wonder if my problem with HERE maps not working could have been related to having the video cache while recording , maybe HERE maps require more from my basic phone ?
I'm not sure but it does seem reasonable to try and turn off the video cache and see what it does. 3.0.1 uses google so I went online and had the app cache my entire area. Seems to have worked. I'm off to test 3.0.1 out...short distance.

Follow me seems to not work in 3.0.1. I was 100 feet away, out of camera range, and it didn't follow. Next up 3.1.0. If that one doesn't work then 3.1.1. I'm going to write the company. All this bad app stuff shouldn't happen....

I had 3.1.1 before 3.1.2 , no problems here other then the change of maps .
Good. I will try it next. I'm in the process of ripping DJI a new one on all this and other stuff I've read about. There software, 3.1.2, is a disaster and should have never been released until their quality people tested it out, if they have one. I really enjoy my P3S but the software, from my point of view as a developer, is the worst.
Thank you for the help....

I have not tested this yet, but with the HERE Maps app, you can download the maps for offline use. You can download individual states and/or countries. I used to use HERE Maps when I was using a Windows Phone and downloading the maps made the app draw very little data when navigating. The Android app has the same feature. If you have not yet installed it, get it from the Google Play Store. Run the apps and pick "Settings" from the "hamburger" menu. You'll have the option to down the maps there.

FWIW, it's easier to get downloadable maps for HERE than with Google Maps as you don't have to cache your current location first. Just download the entire state that you are flying in. I have not yet tested this, but that has been my experience with using the HERE apps on multiple platforms.

I have not tested this yet, but with the HERE Maps app, you can download the maps for offline use. You can download individual states and/or countries. I used to use HERE Maps when I was using a Windows Phone and downloading the maps made the app draw very little data when navigating. The Android app has the same feature. If you have not yet installed it, get it from the Google Play Store. Run the apps and pick "Settings" from the "hamburger" menu. You'll have the option to down the maps there.

FWIW, it's easier to get downloadable maps for HERE than with Google Maps as you don't have to cache your current location first. Just download the entire state that you are flying in. I have not yet tested this, but that has been my experience with using the HERE apps on multiple platforms.
Ok. Please describe how to do this in the DJI app.

I tried that when 3.1.1 and HERE maps first showed up , IT MADE NO DIFFERENCE DID NOT WORK , HERE maps in DJI GO will not use HERE APP data :(

That's odd. I just tried that with my setup. I have a P3S and I use a Nexus 6P. The only way I can connect is to put the phone in Airplane mode. I fired everything up and I was able to scroll the map for miles.

Reactions: LoMo

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj