Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. huckage

So there are so many posts regarding this issue it seems ridiculous to even post it. Sadly I feel that I have no choice at this point as I have now dealt with DJI by phone and by online chat and spent the day reading forums and attempting various fixes.

Here's the situation:

Just got the phantom 4, have had the phantom 2 for quite some time and have had no issues to speak of. Anyhow, I lose video signal at about 2 meters, yes 2. I have used an ipad mini, an iphone 6 and a galaxy S5 to no avail. Even bought and tried the Litchi app ($25...) hoping that would provide me with some answers. I did upgrade the firmware when I first unboxed it as I was prompted to do so. Anyone else having an issue since that update?

It flies fine other than that. I'm lost, I thank you for any and all insight you may have.

~

2. huckage

Going to downgrade the firmware, will let you know the outcome shortly... Still welcome and thank you for any and all insight.

~

3. huckage

So using the DJI assistant 2 I downgraded to I believe 1.01.03 (think that's what it was...) and also tried 1.01.04 (once again this is from memory, there are only three firmware patches available...) and no luck.

Any ideas?

Thank you

~

4. huckage

I ended up sending this unit it back after giving it a thoroughly solid attempt at troubleshooting. I received it's replacement today and it is amazing.

bohdud likes this.
  5. Wibble

You have to try but sometimes you just have to accept that the thing is broken simple as!

6. franstob

I have the issues. When I fly my P4 almost 200 Mtrs then no image on my dji go app. When RTH was on progressing, there is no sound at all. Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

7. huckage

Wish I could help but sadly I ended up returning mine for another which I have had no issues with. I tried for a solid full day and into the night hunting for answers and trying various things but nothing worked and the fellow laughed when I called him to ask what he found. He said "this thing loses signal like a foot away, it's defective" and the rest so far is history. Glad I purchased it through a reputable company with solid support (b&h/gradus).

~