WEAK CONTROLLER SIGNAL!!

Reaction score
So I got the Argtek installed last night and took it for a flight and flying West I was able to go 800ft out at 200 ft up, flying North only 650-680 before the signal just dropped to one red bar and Weak controller signal flashed in the top left corner.I'm no understanding how people are getting 4-5000 ft with these when I can barely get 1000!!I tried adjusting the antenna several times and taking it back out all with the same result. This just doesn't make sense. Is there something wrong with this Phantom 3s?I need help, getting really frustrated!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

fly at 400 feet and see what you get if busy wifi area go higher should help

I'll try,but this was in Metroparks only thing around where a few houses and a lot of trees!

trees can due it cause weak signal try what I said and ley us know if its better

Empty all programs from your device (Apple) by double clicking home button and swiping the pages off the device. Reboot by holding on/off button for 5 seconds. Start back up. Put device in airplane mode. Turn on DJI App
Now...Your device is "flight mode"
I also added copper antenna signal range boosters. Found on Amazon.

Also try posting in the P3 Standard section. You will probably get more answers.

The wires on the argtek kit are only soldered to the rpsma connectors. If you did the mod yourself I'd check that. They can break off easily and if handled roughly can easily get loose.

Do you mean inside the antennas bar that mounts on top of the controller?Maybe I should take that apart and check the soldier joints, then silicone then for extra protection

One more setting to check...
Inthe App
Click "HD"
Image Transmission Settings.
Click "Custom"
Select "Channel Mode 20"
Slide Transmission Quality to its lowest

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads