Weak cell issue?

Reaction score
Hi all, i had received a 3s 5200 lipo 10c with a weak cell ( about 0.15 v less the other), there is any remedy or try i can do to repair it?
Sorry for my english, i would appreciate any suggestion thanks.

Do you have a balance charger? Even if you don't that is actually ok, each cell usually differ from one another very slightly and .15 volts isn't anything to be concerned about. Now .4 volts is when it gets to the point of being a problem. If your battery gets puffy just pitch it but your .15 volts is ok

Reactions: dexter82
Hi all, i had received a 3s 5200 lipo 10c with a weak cell ( about 0.15 v less the other), there is any remedy or try i can do to repair it?
Sorry for my english, i would appreciate any suggestion thanks.

0.15V is not a drama. However if you have a balance charger/discharger, you can try to discharge at a safe voltage(e.g. 3.3-3,4V/cell using the minimum discharge current and then perform a balance charging using the minimum reasonable current(e.g 0,2C that is 1A for your battery): i read this technique on you tube and I applied it to a BlackMagic 3000mah with an unbalanced cell and I could recover it.
A simple alternative is simply to use it and make a balance charge at low current.

Reactions: dexter82
Thanks for the very good news, however i will give a try with your technique... Unfortubately i had purchased another same battery some days ago... :(

Thanks for the very good news, however i will give a try with your technique... Unfortubately i had purchased another same battery some days ago... :(

I am sure the second one will be perfect.
It is not possible to be always unlucky!!
Are you measuring the voltage using the battery charger or a voltage meter? Because if you use the battery charger, the difference can be caused by a not calibrated battery charger measuring circuit.
So I suggest you to compare the battery charger voltage cell reading with a reading done with a voltage meter directly on the battery balance connector.

I am sure the second one will be perfect.
It is not possible to be always unlucky!!
Are you measuring the voltage using the battery charger or a voltage meter? Because if you use the battery charger, the difference can be caused by a not calibrated battery charger measuring circuit.
So I suggest you to compare the battery charger voltage cell reading with a reading done with a voltage meter directly on the battery balance connector.

Yes i usually used voltage meter but i never checked if there is substantial difference with imaxb6 voltage reading.
Anyway i burned mine, cause my good luck, and im waiting a new one. I will see... Thank you so much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues