We will probably have to license our drones and...

Reaction score
... drone operators. We might have to make then with an identity chip to show to whom the bird was licensed to.

Too many stupid pilots spoiling it for all of us.

You're probably right. Seeing people range test over cities and populated areas angers me

Agreed. Just read about the latest idiot here in NY flying near JFK. Youtube is filled with videos of people flying fast into bushes, low over crowds, too close to buildings, etc. I can't speak for everyone, of course, but my copter is a camera that flies, not a copter with a camera. It's all about safe flying and good video and photo results for me.

Reactions: Russ
I concur, if there's a Fly Your Drone Safely Community out there... I'm in. I know... idiocy is always around the corner in everything. Maybe that's the outcome of all those indoor video games where everybody is shooting everything, everywhere, anyhow and ...... Game over and start again. I'm in Canada, and I know that here the government will probably be the first to implement rules conditions on the whole Drone situation. Have a save Flight guys.

Complaining that people dont fly their drones responsibly is like complaining that people don't drive responsibly: futile and pointless. The world is full of irresponsible people.

BTW, this thread is not P3 specific and has been moved to the General section. Please post in the correct sections from now on.

Any questions, check here: P3 Forum Posting Guidelines

Safety YES. First and foremost.

Once there is factual identification to a drone the idiocy will almost come to a stop.. The answer isn't to ban but self police and require identification with Picture I'D like a drivers license. Now that we all have the answer, do like I did and write the FAA and make the suggestion BEFORE they make a compounded moronic decision and ban the use unless we are at an approved flying field. You better hurry as time is running out.

Reactions: Goldni
Victor Hugo warned, "Every excess is its own undoing". That was one of Paul Harvey's favorite quotes and it has never been more true.

Complaining that people dont fly their drones responsibly is like complaining that people don't drive responsibly: futile and pointless. The world is full of irresponsible people.

BTW, this thread is not P3 specific and has been moved to the General section. Please post in the correct sections from now on.

Car safety rules are established, Drone's are just yet to come. I saw clips of an 8 year old.

"Only you can prevent forest fires."
It's not up to the FAA, your local Politzei, the city council, the state legislature...Only us, the UAV community, can ever hope to put a dent on the problem by flying responsibly and reporting those that don't.

Reactions: duckdogs007
If you file for the FAA exemption, you will have to register your craft with them ($5 fee per UAS).

Victor Hugo warned, "Every excess is its own undoing". That was one of Paul Harvey's favorite quotes and it has never been more true.
For simpletons like me, I was always told, "if you abuse it, you lose it."

Once there is factual identification to a drone the idiocy will almost come to a stop.. The answer isn't to ban but self police and require identification with Picture I'D like a drivers license. Now that we all have the answer, do like I did and write the FAA and make the suggestion BEFORE they make a compounded moronic decision and ban the use unless we are at an approved flying field. You better hurry as time is running out.

The FAA cannot just make up rules on the fly to stop an activity they may not like. First, they are constrained by law from making any new rules for hobby aircraft, and second any new rules will have to be offered as a NPRM and open for public comment before they can create a new rule.

"unless we are at an approved flying field" - Hey, don't give the AMA any ideas. They are even further behind the curve than the FAA. (Yes, I am a member of the AMA).

Yes, there are stupid people posting flight activity that doesn't fit your definition of safe, but are nonetheless mostly legal flights. Unless there is a serious accident, new rules are unlikely.

Reactions: AlmostaJoker
... drone operators. We might have to make then with an identity chip to show to whom the bird was licensed to.

Too many variations of "drones" to license. Each Christmas, Walmart and Target each sell thousands of toy drones in every state. These toy drones have the capability of flying over neighbors' properties and taking photographs. Although, I would not consider my P3 a toy, how would they write a law to distinguish? Or, would they prefer to put bench warrants out for all those little kids (and their dads)?

Agreed and sorry about the location. Lack of responsibility is why I see chips and licensure in our future.

When rules/laws are being put into place "in the interest of public safety" things can happen fast, very fast. What valid argument would any group (and it would have to be a very large, powerful group" have that all, say drones over 6" across, have to be registered? "Because I don't want to" isn't a valid argument,

I would rather have restrictions put in place than a ban, and if the number of drone "problems" continue to increase, I can see some Congressman trying to make a name for him/her self by banning drones to help with public safety and privacy by banning all drones over said 6".

There isn't a big lobby by the drone companies,,,so no one to fight for drones (and the required millions of dollars necessary for that),...registration might be the best short term answer,,I don't mind registering my drones

Reactions: SENC

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj