So dirk why don't u get yoself wanna these then u surely trump everybody
341bfbc56f5d06307f906738937bd9ec.jpg

Hmmm, might interfere with the compass tho

The ultimate argue winner
Don't need one when I got my little friend
Moving-animated-picture-of-monkey-shooting-a-gun.gif
o_O

I carry but concealed and always have always will

so do I but it comes with responsibility.... God forbid If I'm at a point when I'm forced to "un conceal it"

Reactions: dirkclod
Nope.
Under the Texas Open Beaches Act the public has the free and unrestricted right to access Texas beaches, which are located on what is commonly referred to as the "wet beach," from the water to the line of mean high tide. The dry sandy area that extends from the "wet beach” to the natural line of vegetation is usually privately owned but may be subject to the public beach easement.

Ok, we can all rest easy now. The word has been spoken.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Nope.
Under the Texas Open Beaches Act the public has the free and unrestricted right to access Texas beaches, which are located on what is commonly referred to as the "wet beach," from the water to the line of mean high tide. The dry sandy area that extends from the "wet beach” to the natural line of vegetation is usually privately owned but may be subject to the public beach easement.

Unless the Texas Supreme Court rules that the private land owners don't have to give up their land when the beach erodes onto their property... as they have done in the Galveston area.

Here is the information on the case itself:
http://www.pacificlegal.org/cases/Fighting-government-seizure-and-removal-of-homes

Information on this _result_ of this ruling can be found here:
http://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...condo-owner-draws-line-in-sand-to-4660918.php

As I mentioned, there _are_ exceptions. As you mention, the states allow themselves to take over private property when they are in violation of the Open Beach Act. However, the TX Supreme Court ruled that this could not be done in the case of the eroding beach in Galveston. As a result... those private land now extend over the entire beach area. The ruling is in conflict with the Open Beach Act. But the land _is_ private.

In a similar 2009 Florida case the SCOTUS ruled that owners do not have the property rights to forever touch the water. The case was a bunch of landowners saying that the city "took" their land because the city added 75 ft of new sand to mitigate beach erosion. "Land created by a sudden event belongs to the owner of the seabed, applies to beach restoration. Because here the state owns the seabed, there could be no taking." The property owners lost.

Once again we can all rest. :confused:
Until someone posts something relevant to the discussion.

So dirk why don't u get yoself wanna these then u surely trump everybody
341bfbc56f5d06307f906738937bd9ec.jpg

Hmmm, might interfere with the compass tho

The ultimate argue winner

Neat suit. Even has built in FPV goggles.

In a similar 2009 Florida case the SCOTUS ruled that owners do not have the property rights to forever touch the water. The case was a bunch of landowners saying that the city "took" their land because the city added 75 ft of new sand to mitigate beach erosion. "Land created by a sudden event belongs to the owner of the seabed, applies to beach restoration. Because here the state owns the seabed, there could be no taking." The property owners lost.

That has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I stated, TX. FL law does not apply in TX and it's not relevant. What I pointed out is correct... that's all I'll say on the matter.

It's going to be a very disappointing day if you are wrong Steve, I'm still in the land of hope here, since he's said he's not going to say anything more on the matter a simple "no I'm right" and you have him
:)

Neat suit. Even has built in FPV goggles.
ahah yep , also good at a local match aswell,,,specially leeds ,, I miss Ol Yorkshire

That has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I stated, TX. FL law does not apply in TX and it's not relevant. What I pointed out is correct... that's all I'll say on the matter.
It was a SCOTUS decision - you know, the Supreme Court of the US, and their decisions are binding on all states. People can put up all the signs they want - there are no private beaches on the US coastline.

Why did he crash? Looks like he flew it into himself. That alone is reason enough to want him out of there.
I was under the assumption he did a hand grab of the drone as he brought it in, since he would be landing on sand (not a good thing)

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I was under the assumption he did a hand grab of the drone as he brought it in, since he would be landing on sand (not a good thing)

Could be. Maybe he snatched it out of the air when it was going by. Seemed like a rough hand catch.

I saw nothing in that video that would rise to the level of needing any sort of self defense.

Both were dickheads but that isn't illegal.

I think the issue of the beach is still on topic. the guy was try to run them of a private beach.
SteveMann I would like to hear your input. The tidal line must be a narrow strip??
We have a beach in Free Port that is a pay beach. It has it own police force.This is a private beach.
And I would not even think to try and fly there. We have condos that clam the beach front is private.
And it is all patrolled. I'm not talking about protected beaches. I have been run of the beach and threaten with jail, for fishing, and I was in the water most of the time.I think the law dosent apply in
some parts of Texas. Thanks for your in put SteveMann I think you are right about the line of hi tide ,but it dont mater when the rich home owner call the law on you for trespassing on there beach. I have been fishing the Texas coast for over 50 years, and the storys I could tell.;)

I've read the public space is wet sand only, and Ive read it's limited to the mean high water/tide line seaward, and also read to include 20' inland form the same line.
Can be confusing.

Actually there are. One I can think of is in Galveston Texas. But I'm splitting hairs.

I'm afraid Steve Mann is confused about the law. In the late 1800's the Washington State legislature sold the right to retain ownership of all coastal beaches. Currently about 60% of our state's beaches are private property and can be posted as such. Most are posted as "No tresspassing." I don't think we are the only state that allows for private beach ownership.
Some states do state that anything below the average high tide line is public. Other states use the average low tide line, and some use the plant line. It is very hard to judge the average high tide line (or low tide line), so posts are often used to indicate where the public property stops, and the private property begins unless marked. The pole that the alleged employee points to in the video may indeed be the demarcation between private and public.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.