We should all be prepared for this kind of encounter

I prefer nobody knows that I'm carrying. To each his own.

Reactions: Hawkeye 1 and 750r
Why did he crash? Looks like he flew it into himself. That alone is reason enough to want him out of there.
I think tuff guy had something to do with that this reminds me of the chick who got physical with the 14 year old kid .
That moron was probably with a heifer and thought he was going to be seen on YT with her . If he was part of the staff he would of had on a uniform and he would not have been so ignorant . People really do have a misconception of this hobby . No matter how you look at it if tuff guy would have said hey do you mind not flying right here but he came with anger he is lucky the pilot was laid-back ;)

I've seen beaches that were private property and they had lots of signs posted and lots of indicators showing everyone where the public beach ended and where the private beach began. If this was the case, then Hothead Charlie was probably justified in being upset.

But if i were standing on a beach that isn't marked at all as being private, I'd want more than a 'because I said so' from some jackwagon who wouldn't give his name nor anything else to back up his claims.

You can mark it all you like, but the property owner's possession ends at the high tide mark. There are NO private beaches in the USA coastlines.

Crazy yank brothers on about shooting someone over a small row,,,,seriously c,mon guys,,,,he could have a family & kids that love him & u wanna shoot him over a little row?? Surly knocking him out would be sufficient then he would wake up felling like a complete ****

Reactions: Electric Warrior
$20 sais that guy wasn't even an employee...lol he just wanted to be a pain in the butt. I like what 750r said above, he was with a heifer and thought he got it on video and didn't want anyone to see...lol

dji phantom fc40
ardrone2 mod 4 telemetry+fpv
tplinkwr703+sunhans 2.5w and alpha 7dbi panel antenna for wifi boost
based in new jersey US

they are most definitely NOT morons.

To be clear, I didn't call anyone a moron, I indicated a certain ACTIVITY is moronic. "Smart" people do moronic crap all the time. Like the guy at Wal-Mart that got a aluminum bat to the head because the young wannabe thug saw the guy's open-carried pistol as an opportunity. And his situational awareness was likely higher than ours while we are flying. Especially in this case, while flying, open carry is probably not the best choice.

shooting someone over a small row,,,,

This is where you and I will likely disagree. It stops being about the bird when I am made to feel as though my personal safety is at risk.

Not trying to start a pissing contest because I'm on your side...I think open carry is a bad idea. I just don't think it's a good idea to use inflammatory language when your just referring to something that is your opinion. You know what they say about opinions !

This is where you and I will likely disagree. It stops being about the bird when I am made to feel as though my personal safety is at risk.
Yep it looks like we was raised differently for sure , but I was raised in a no gun community,,so getting outside and having a fight is pretty normal in the UK , where as u have to worry about people shooting you over a small disagreement(then turning into a situation where u feel in fear that the guy will hurt u), all I was stating is that over something so insignificant there is no way it should result to a loss of life & my mind can't be convinced otherwise
(sometimes a Right Hook Can Work Wonders) (;

Reactions: Electric Warrior
Not trying to start a pissing contest

So don't.

I just don't think it's a good idea to use inflammatory language

There was no intent to cause angry or violent feelings. Calling an activity moronic (something you admittedly agree with) is hardly "inflammatory language". And there is enough evidence to support the theory I've presented to move this beyond the point of mere opinion, if one is so inclined to do the research.

You know what they say about opinions !

Indeed I do.

Best idea in this situation, if I may provide my personal experience and professional knowledge, is to maintain a heighten state of awareness of your surroundings, leave when asked (regardless of the person's assumed identity) and not engage in fisticuffs or mortal combat. Little to no positive can come from escalation.

Reactions: maxwell smart
I carry but concealed and always have always will ! JIMO but I don't think open carry looks to good when ya flying as we already get enough bad publicity and all we need is for some to say ...Look he fly's one of those spy drones and carry's a gun too o_O
I don't carry cause I fly but because ya never know what ya gonna walk into .!

Hi guys. Some times we talk big with our guns, but that is not the way to handle the public. Waving your gun around is the fast way to trouble. I did not say shoot ..But I was out of line a littel on this one. I would rather have it and not need it. I agree with DevildogSoldier
Best idea in this situation, if I may provide my personal experience and professional knowledge, is to maintain a heighten state of awareness of your surroundings, leave when asked (regardless of the person's assumed identity) and not engage in fisticuffs or mortal combat. Little to no positive can come from escalation.
This is good advice.

That is what the concealed part means.
blank stare.png

Crazy yank brothers on about shooting someone over a small row,,,,
Ok probably best to put this to bed once and for all (if that's possible). No one in this thread is talking about shooting anyone. No one.

Ok probably best to put this to bed once and for all (if that's possible). No one in this thread is talking about shooting anyone. No one.
Attachment-12.gif
looking at ya.jpg

So dirk why don't u get yoself wanna these then u surely trump everybody
341bfbc56f5d06307f906738937bd9ec.jpg

Hmmm, might interfere with the compass tho

The ultimate argue winner

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members