WE NEED A ZOOMABLE CAMERA ON THE INSPIRE.

Reaction score
Hi All

The Inspire is a huge step forward IMHO but there are a few alterations I would like to see.

1 The landing legs are just a bit short. This makes the camera very close to the ground. This was overcome with the extended legs on the P2. To have the legs about 2 inches longer and splayed out at about 45 degrees would cure this. They would still be out of shot when raised.

2 The camera really needs to have about a 10 x zoom that can be operated by the pilot in the air. I agree that (as I have done) some zoom can be effected in Post Production (Ken Burns effect) but it is a long winded and not always a good result

3 A real advance in battery design that would give at least 30 mins flight time. (And not cost the earth as they DO have a limited life span)

Think that's it for now. Sure to be more.

Best to all out there

POTO

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjf-X1OYhzE[/youtube]

First thing that comes to mind.. :lol:

Looks like you missed the link to http://www.inspirepilots.com on the home page and the bit where it says "For Discussion of the DJI F330, F450, F550, S800, S1000"

CallMeAlan said:
Looks like you missed the link to http://www.inspirepilots.com on the home page and the bit where it says "For Discussion of the DJI F330, F450, F550, S800, S1000"

Why not just have a DJI Pilot's forum? Surely, some lucky folks will end up with a phantom and an Inspire. Why switch between two forums? Couldn't this one be renamed?

PhantomFanatic said:
Why not just have a DJI Pilot's forum? Surely, some lucky folks will end up with a phantom and an Inspire. Why switch between two forums? Couldn't this one be renamed?

Makes a lot of sense to me too. One website, not two...

Also I would like to see the panning of the Inspire camera done on one controller by one person. This is a showstopper for me as I do not travel with other experienced pilots
And the ability to replace their radio controller with a programmable controller like the Frsky Taranis or Futaba.

phantomoperator said:
Hi All

The Inspire is a huge step forward IMHO but there are a few alterations I would like to see.

1 The landing legs are just a bit short. This makes the camera very close to the ground. This was overcome with the extended legs on the P2. To have the legs about 2 inches longer and splayed out at about 45 degrees would cure this. They would still be out of shot when raised.

2 The camera really needs to have about a 10 x zoom that can be operated by the pilot in the air. I agree that (as I have done) some zoom can be effected in Post Production (Ken Burns effect) but it is a long winded and not always a good result

3 A real advance in battery design that would give at least 30 mins flight time. (And not cost the earth as they DO have a limited life span)

Best to all out there

POTO

90 % of the footage would be unusable if using zoom.

phantomoperator said:
Hi All

Best to all out there

POTO

The Ken Burns 'zoom' effect??? Really. As was stated, zooming would ruin many shots. Besides, ever hear of moving the bird closer??? DUH. Landing legs too short and this is based on your flying experience with the Inspire? And lastly the issues of as you state 'battery design' 30m flight time?? Just how much experience do you have with these birds? Or are you just trolling around with nothing to do and decided to post this nonsense?

Khudson7 said:
PhantomFanatic said:

Makes a lot of sense to me too. One website, not two...

Also I would like to see the panning of the Inspire camera done on one controller by one person. This is a showstopper for me as I do not travel with other experienced pilots
And the ability to replace their radio controller with a programmable controller like the Frsky Taranis or Futaba.
Amen I find this forum really great and do not like switching between 2 forums.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl