We Got Bureaucrat-blocked

Reaction score
I have seen the fears expressed here; government will regulate away the right to fly drones. I live in a little Latin American country and they have done exactly that here. On the very day my new P3 was to ship the news came in the paper: drone users are going to have to pay $6000 plus to certify their drone, plus mandatory insurance, plus licensing (as if there was someone to qualify drone pilots).

It all appears as knee-jerk, and I hope it will be more carefully considered later, but it has been asserted by Aviación Civil, which is the air travel authority here. I spoke directly with the manager mentioned in the newspaper. In short, some idiot was flying his drone near the number 2 airport here and pilots reported him. They didn't go seek out and fine the offender, no, they just came up with onerous conditions to fly. I can't imagine other countries, or even US states, won't suffer the same consequences.

Many thanks to UAV Outlet in Jacksonville for patiently working me through a defective Phantom 2 and then finally issuing me a refund upon the "oppression news"-good guys to deal with from my experience. Shout-out to KC and Chad there.

Reactions: Built Drones
UAV Outlet is now Built Drones (FYI).

Reactions: Built Drones
That really bites. Ill advised knee-jerk reaction. Maybe the US will get it right (the antithesis of knee-jerk) but who knows.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.