We bought a drone!!! New to the drone world!

Make sure it is Legal to Launch from any of the State Parks.I got a Big NO from a State Park in Florida.
I posted this before i watched your Box Unpacking. Looks like you have been studying .before your 1st Flight.
Which state park said NO ? I live in south Florida and am planning a trip upstate with my wife and our new P4

Make sure it is Legal to Launch from any of the State Parks.I got a Big NO from a State Park in Florida.
I posted this before i watched your Box Unpacking. Looks like you have been studying .before your 1st Flight.

That same state park I mentioned...just kicked me out today! And...a friend called shortly after asking about the drone policy and the same guy that kicked me out told him "There was some guy here a bit ago and I had to kick him out. I felt bad because I didn't know if I was wrong for kicking him out or not. I really don't know the policy myself so I figured just kick him out and learn the policy for the next time". I had a feeling the guy was clueless but I left anyways but at least I know I wasn't in the wrong, he just didn't know his own park rules.

Sure was, to be honest if she loves drones as much as you then you may have found a "Unicorn" keep her, my wife is not interested at all so buying anything is painful. Let's just say when i purchased my inspire 1 yesterday she was not entirely happy.

She loved it!!!! Definitely a keeper!!! Finally a hobby we can share together!

Reactions: Jussaguy
Not sure how these forums work so I keep creating a new thread....not sure if I'm supposed to. Maybe someone can teach me some good forum etiquette :) But here is the link to see the video

P4 first flight and got kicked out of a state park! Great!!!!!
Hello & welcome! Most state park prohibit takeoff's & landings from their property. Always check beforehand where you will be flying.
That ranger was 100% correct. In New York, all state parks ban takeoff's & landings from within the boundaries of the parks. It is clearly written in the NYS Park rules. I have made post about this in the past here.

Hello & welcome! Most state park prohibit takeoff's & landings from their property. Always check beforehand where you will be flying.
That ranger was 100% correct. In New York, all state parks ban takeoff's & landings from within the boundaries of the parks. It is clearly written in the NYS Park rules. I have made post about this in the past here.

Thanks...finding this out!!!

Which state park said NO ? I live in south Florida and am planning a trip upstate with my wife and our new P4
Ft. Clinch State Park- Fernadina Beach I could not believe it They have a Big Parking area ,call the Beach section where Large Campers Park ,they park in a different section, I have been going there for over 5 years and probably the most cars I have ever seen is about 12. I was again there this Past May. I believe the Main Reason that they do not want Recreation / Hobbyist to fly over the Fort

I would say No on your Question. But if you take off from outside the State Park area, then come back to your Home Point, I would think you would be Fine, I would suggest a Ceiling of at least 200 feet or more.

Be aware a lot of Beach area's are roped off for Migratory Birds that might be nesting.South Carolina -North Carolina does this. Last year the Birds did not Nest in the roped off area, A Northeastern Storm came thru and the Beach had some Minor Beach Erosion and they moved the pole a Mile South. Notice my avatar,This year the Poles are where they started last year and still no Birds, It's not Christmas, but I would like to tell them where to put the Poles.

I would say No on your Question. But if you take off from outside the State Park area, then come back to your Home Point, I would think you would be Fine, I would suggest a Ceiling of at least 200 feet or more.

Be aware a lot of Beach area's are roped off for Migratory Birds that might be nesting.South Carolina -North Carolina does this. Last year the Birds did not Nest in the roped off area, A Northeastern Storm came thru and the Beach had some Minor Beach Erosion and they moved the pole a Mile South. Notice my avatar,This year the Poles are where they started last year and still no Birds, It's not Christmas, but I would like to tell them where to put the Poles.

Funny!

One recommendation I didn't see was to read the manual! Should always be the first thing anyone does when they get a new bird. Even with a model you already have, reading the manual might show up some critical element that has changed since you got the first one.

Hey guys! My wife and I bought a Phantom 4 and thought we'd join the discussions on here. We are newbies in the drone world! Looking to learn all we can! Until then here is our unboxing video:

Only believe 10 percent of what help and advise you get here. This is a nice forum but most of the information is hearsay or just made up.

Only believe 10 percent of what help and advise you get here. This is a nice forum but most of the information is hearsay or just made up.

I always fact check. Like one user posted an app with places for me to fly drones but the app doesn't exist or went under. No clue. Just using bits of pieces here and there and trying to fly responsibly and catch some awesome footage

One recommendation I didn't see was to read the manual! Should always be the first thing anyone does when they get a new bird. Even with a model you already have, reading the manual might show up some critical element that has changed since you got the first one.

Who needs manuals? HAHA! Yeah I probably missed that part. Im no professional in any ways so disregard things I left or or might not be 1,000,000 % correct. But I did read my manual from head to toe as this was something I didn't want to crash my first flight

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20