waypoints

Reaction score
I've been playing around with dji Pilot app for the P3.
Found out that this new bird of mine does in fact have waypoints, but instead of doing it the old fashioned way with setting actual points on a map, you just trace a route with your finger!
Question is, I want to fly up to a building at say 20 feet AG. Then at a point, raise to the top floor of that building.
Which might be 200 feet.
How do I set this?

if point 1 is say 20 feet, and point 2 is 200 feet, how does the aircraft approach this?
At 20 feet from point 1 to point 2 then raise as the P2 did?
Or does it raise while in flight as an airplane does?

Found out that this new bird of mine does in fact have waypoints, but instead of doing it the old fashioned way with setting actual points on a map, you just trace a route with your finger!
Question is, I want to fly up to a building at say 20 feet AG. Then at a point, raise to the top floor of that building.
Which might be 200 feet.
How do I set this?

if point 1 is say 20 feet, and point 2 is 200 feet, how does the aircraft approach this?

Could you show us? What version of the app are you using? The old version showed the lines drawn with the finger but no one ever said it worked.
I would be surprised if this is happening.

Stupid question, but besides the obvious, what do way points do to help/enhance certain applications?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Stupid question, but besides the obvious, what do way points do to help/enhance certain applications?

If you are a rancher and want to check your fence line for breaks-- waypoints! If you are a construction manager and you want to check a future building sight. -- waypoints -- if you are a pipe line company and want to survey your pipeline fight of way or check the pipeline-- waypoints-- I could go on, but you get the idea.:):)

The biggest difference IMO (and do correct me if I am wrong here) is that the UAV goes off on the mission waypoints
you gave it and it operates completely independantly of you and your radio.So the UAV could go beyond your radio range
to meet its objectives.

Reactions: YolevonALLin
Which might be 200 feet.
How do I set this?

The flight path tracing that you are referring to is just designed to provide a visual overlay
to aid in navigation. Way points are usually considered specific GPS coordinates that are used in concert with some form of assisted / autonomous flight control.

Several independent P3 app development teams are getting close to releasing apps that support autonomous flight profiles.

Take a look at the Freeskies' CoPilot app here:

http://www.freeskies.org/copilot.html

Exciting stuff.

:harry

Reactions: Dimas82 and ScottyT

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31