Waypoints for seasonal Time Lapse

RPA

Reaction score
I was mulling over new photography ideas and thought how good it would be if I could use my quad for seasonal landscape time lapse photography.

I figure you would need to be able to preload a position, altitude and bearing into the app to get as close to the same photo each time you went out.

Then I realised that we nearly have this with the waypoint system. If you could only save a flight plan you could set one up which would take your quad through a series of points which would result in it not only at roughly the same altitude and location but facing in the same direction each time.

Sadly there is no way to save a flight plan, so this is now on my wish list!

Does anyone else have a suggestion on how to achieve this with any degree of accuracy (IMO using a visual reference doesn't cut it, I've tried that on land and it was hard enough)

Fit the 2.4G Datalink and use the IOS (or Windows based) version of Ground Station. It allows saved missions which is perfect for this.

wattsn said:
Fit the 2.4G Datalink and use the IOS (or Windows based) version of Ground Station. It allows saved missions which is perfect for this.

I'll look into it thanks.

Check out the IRIS+ from 3DR. The features you want are supported by that product.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub