Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Waypoints - cannot see camera recording status ?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by jamesb72, Dec 7, 2015.

1. jamesb72

Playing with waypoints, which is still very strange to me to hand over control !

Once you store and play the waypoints, I cannot see if video is recording, as the waypoint box covers the camera status on right of screen which normally shows recording/counter.

I've been listening carefully as one boing is starting camera, 2 boings is stopping, but this isn't ideal - am I missing something ?

Am hoping they will improve this next release, along with being able to name/delete waypoint routes to avoid confusion, also ability to adjust altitude during replay, as currently height is locked, and not very accurate between runs, I flew first test run from about 4Metres, and when I replayed a second time it almost bounced on the ground, I flicked flight mode to P to stop the waypoints, but not very elegant, would be nice if you could adjust the height during replay, as you can with POI !!

2. kirk2579

I would use more altitude when testing, the IMU sensors will hold elevation pretty well but the margin of error is +/- 5 or 10 m.
    that could put you into the ground easy at your test route.
    at 100m it matter not!
    at 15 m it is an issue

3. jamesb72

For testing I will, I was just surprised by the inaccuracy of barometer - I expected back to back runs would be much closer in height (ie +/- a metre or so), I also don't understand why DJI didn't use VLS for altitude under 10Metres which would be much more accurate (and avoid risk of a ground bump!).

For me the appeal of waypoints is to make interesting shots, ie accurately track into a certain position, ie descending round an obstacle accurately, and 100M is too high for that shot to be particularly interesting.

I appreciate this is the first release with waypoints, so I'm sure they will add more features/improvements over time - not being able to see if Camera is recording or not though is just annoying.

4. kirk2579

try the Litchi app if you use android,
    it seems to be ahead of the game for way points etc.