Waypoints and missions using DJI-GO

Reaction score
I am a newby, and I do apologize if this has been flogged to death, but I couldn't find it.

Has DJI published an instruction manual on setting waypoints, creating and saving missions, mission limitations, altitudes, etc? I have a new P4, and tried working with Litchi, but couldn't get my tablet to "verify my app with the DJI servers", so had to abandon Litchi and get a refund.

I tried setting up a mission today, but it seems a waypoint cannot be created if it is less than 10m above ground level (not the home point, but actual ground level), and at the end of a flight trying to create a series of waypoints, there seems no sure way of saving the mission. Is the mission stored on the tablet, or in the P4, and if so, how many missions can be stored? Can they be named? Can they be retrieved?

I think DJI should explain this facet of the P4's capability, especially since they tout waypoints as a selling point for the P4s. But it's not explained - at all!

Also, I believe Autopilot also needs to verify the app with DJI servers. What's the go???.

I have only one satellite internet connection (in remote Australia), and effectively Litchi is not an option. I tried it, and it's a breeze to set up a mission, but useless until the app is verified, and I kept on getting the error message that the app could not be verified with the DJI server.

Very frustrated. So DJI, I realize that the waypoint function is disabled until after takeoff, but I need to know how does your waypoint thing work, what are the procedures and limitations, can the mission be edited, and where is it stored?

Not sure where you live, but I am fairly remote and have satellite TV, Internet etc. I use Litchi most of the time and have no issues with using it or locking onto satellites. The app is verified through Litchi and there is a registration process to go through like everything else, but it works fine. If you have satellites (?) and an Internet connection, it will work.

I tried and tried yesterday to get the "app verified by the DJI servers", but to no avail. I emailed Litchi, and the response was to check the order of connections (I did) and if still no joy, then try another internet/wifi connection. Trouble is, I don't have an alternate internet/wifi connection to try.

I read that the DJI servers are in China, and that state plays around with internet traffic, so that may be the reason I couldn't connect. However I don't feel like taking my setup all around the country trying out wifi connections until I find one which works! That's a bit naf, yeh?

Maybe because Litchi allows things (like setting waypoints below 10 metres, and before they've been flown), DJI are covering their legal arses by not allowing their software to do the same things, but hell, it's frustrating.

I need to set up a mission to overfly our olive grove to spook the birds, ideally at about 2 metres above the canopy, but it looks impossible with DJI-GO.

Not sure what is going on there. Litchi is a third party app that does use some of dji go app for the settings, but it is independent to a large extent. I downloaded the app, registered and got the token code (emailed to you to activate) fired it up and away it went. If you want to check out out your flight logs, download healthy drones, go though the steps and off you go. The HD app enables you to sync both dji and litchi to track your flight logs. A flight over your olive grove is what Litchi was designed for, easier than the dji go app.

Well,I took my P4, tablet and all around to a (relatively) near neighbours place, and was able to register with DJI's servers or whatever, using his internet connection, so all is now well. Still don't know why mine wouldn't work though.

Waypoints and missions are just so easy with Litchi!

Well,I took my P4, tablet and all around to a (relatively) near neighbours place, and was able to register with DJI's servers or whatever, using his internet connection, so all is now well. Still don't know why mine wouldn't work though.

Waypoints and missions are just so easy with Litchi!
Enjoy!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers