Waypoint RTH?

Reaction score
I attempted to fly a Litchi Waypoint mission tonight and the drone would get 3/4(~3,500 feet away from home) of the way to it's first way point and turn back home. It was a simple 1.3km out and back (2.6k total). I ran it twice and each time about 1k out, it would simply reverse direction and head home.

I did see in Healthy Drones that at the turn-around point, there was an "Downlink data connection lost for 3 seconds".

It would also state "mission complete". I had about 30% remote transmission at this point for what it's worth. I've flown other similar waypoint missions without issue, including ones where I get a full disconnect. Any thoughts?

*App version 1.15.4

Last edited:
Anyone? Double checked the settings in DJI Go and I've set max distance, disable geofence, etc. It happens every time around 1000m on this mission.

Could this be related to "enable Geo system" in Litchi? Perhaps I'm running closer to a nearby helipad?

I have no experience with geo fences and the like, but have you tried another location or simply shorten your current mission to see if there is a difference? That would probably eliminate any geo fence or NFZ issues if it flies out and back.

Reactions: floridajustin
Anyone? Double checked the settings in DJI Go and I've set max distance, disable geofence, etc. It happens every time around 1000m on this mission.

Could this be related to "enable Geo system" in Litchi? Perhaps I'm running closer to a nearby helipad?
I didn't know that there was a get fence feature in litchi. Some thing else is going on. You don't say what bird you are flying, but I routinely fly missions with litchi about that far and farther with my P3A with virtually no signal loss. You might try setting a different final action. Instead of RTH, try either 'none' or 'back to WP 1 (just check the path between the last and first WPs, don't want to run into any trees to see if it acts differently.

Last edited:
OK, finally got this one figured out...took a closer look at the mission and totally did not see a huge curve put in between the two very close parallel waypoints. This is why the drone kept seemingly coming back at that point. Picture below for reference.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 254
OK, finally got this one figured out...took a closer look at the mission and totally did not see a huge curve put in between the two very close parallel waypoints. This is why the drone kept seemingly coming back at that point. Picture below for reference.
Better eyes than me but that would do it. Take the curves out and try it again?

I like it when we get a logical answer to a difficult problem. And when we haven't stumbled into a glitch in such a useful tool as litchi. Sorry for your heartburn, but good info for the rest of us

Reactions: floridajustin

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20