Waypoint missions beyond connection range

Reaction score
I have a need to video an area which is very likely outside the normal operating range of my P2V+. What happens if some of the waypoints take the aircraft beyond the normal range. Where the connection lost error appears on the screen? Will it simply continue to its assigned waypoints and return on its own? I realize I can't push beyond the battery capability. I just need to reach out a tad further.

Fly that thing...anything short of 3 miles with 5 or less way points round trip at faSt speed and you'll have plenty of battery left....provided everything goes well.

From my experience it will fly the route regardless if it loses signal. Has happened to me several times. I have upgraded my 5.8Ghz antennas now so I have much better range.

For doing waypoint missions, a great piece of advice is to Log the batteries performance that you will be using on your missions. Not all batteries have the same run time! It can be real easy to end up in a bind because your battery came up short of what you needed it to be. Don't forget that temperature plays a significant role in available flight time as well.

Hopefully this tip just saved your asss from a bad experience.

flyNfrank said:
For doing waypoint missions, a great piece of advice is to Log the batteries performance that you will be using on your missions. Not all batteries have the same run time! It can be real easy to end up in a bind because your battery came up short of what you needed it to be. Don't forget that temperature plays a significant role in available flight time as well.

Hopefully this tip just saved your asss from a bad experience.

Been running around 7K feet missions on Medium speed and right before it completes the missions the batt hits 30% and it asks to go home.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.