Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Waypoint App for Vision+ "available imminently"

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by DrJoe, Jun 5, 2014.

1. DrJoe

Video of a webcast by DJI of waypoint app demo from June 4th. How did I miss this? Skip to 2:15. Pretty cool, but I don't know what I'll use it for, since I can't control the orientation of the camera with the app (I don't think). Maybe beer delivery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZZFnlgCV0I

2. Mal_PV2_Ireland

Meh, waypoints will be the most overhyped anti climax this machine has ever seen. I reckon I'll use it once or twice and that'll be it.

3. varmint

Thanks for the update. Some of us are definitely looking forward to the new features.

4. Carl4

Has anyone tried it out yet?

5. happydays

It's been in Beta testing for ages now, apparently. I wonder as to its usefulness if it can't track an object. If it can only point ahead, would it be of any use? Apart from, for example, recording a road or a train line or similar.

What I would like it for is for circling around an object with the camera pointing at it, but of course that won't be a feature. Or will it?

CBS

6. Carl4

I thought it was out of beta and available imminently.

7. dataway

It looks like you have control of the camera for tilting but no option for setting a POI to allow the camera to be focused on a specific area while the Phantom fly's it route but this option has it uses and maybe we will get POI support in the next version. I thought it was comedy when he mentioned in the video about getting in trouble mentioning a specific date and kept it very vague.... :)