Waypoint App for Vision+ "available imminently"

Reaction score
Video of a webcast by DJI of waypoint app demo from June 4th. How did I miss this? Skip to 2:15. Pretty cool, but I don't know what I'll use it for, since I can't control the orientation of the camera with the app (I don't think). Maybe beer delivery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZZFnlgCV0I

Meh, waypoints will be the most overhyped anti climax this machine has ever seen. I reckon I'll use it once or twice and that'll be it.

It's been in Beta testing for ages now, apparently. I wonder as to its usefulness if it can't track an object. If it can only point ahead, would it be of any use? Apart from, for example, recording a road or a train line or similar.

What I would like it for is for circling around an object with the camera pointing at it, but of course that won't be a feature. Or will it?

CBS

happydays said:
It's been in Beta testing for ages now, apparently. I wonder as to its usefulness if it can't track an object. If it can only point ahead, would it be of any use? Apart from, for example, recording a road or a train line or similar.

What I would like it for is for circling around an object with the camera pointing at it, but of course that won't be a feature. Or will it?

CBS

I thought it was out of beta and available imminently.

It looks like you have control of the camera for tilting but no option for setting a POI to allow the camera to be focused on a specific area while the Phantom fly's it route but this option has it uses and maybe we will get POI support in the next version. I thought it was comedy when he mentioned in the video about getting in trouble mentioning a specific date and kept it very vague.... :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20