Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Way points

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nhoj, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Nhoj

After plotting way points can anyone tell me when you hit go does the drone go straight up or just head for first way point and it's set hight,if the drone goes straight up from takeoff does it go for hight logged in on first waypoint???

2. Cyclone

Im fairly certain that as it travels it will be getting higher, so when it reaches the first waypoint it will be at the height you requested. So if there are any trees between you and the waypoint it will hit them.

Make the first waypoint close by and get the phantom to go to the height you want so it doesnt hit anything.

3. IrishSights

I agree. I take off first, do a few checks then get it to go. It will rise from there and head to your first waypoint. Also its handy if you are doing a one way mission to make your last waypoint close to your first one. Its easier then just to grab control back and land.

4. AmosMoses

I always put the Phantom up in the air manually to clear any obstacles then start the mission. It will climb to about 10' then head towards the first way point and climb from there.
    As another member said, think of the way points like there's a string connecting them. That's how it will fly to each point. Gradually climbing or descending to each point.

5. ccase39

No. It slowly gains altitude and may not get high enough to clear obstructions if you don't account for that. I usually bring my bird up to around 150 (or whatever height is safe at the time) and press go from there letting it go lower.

6. EMCSQUAR

7. SteveMann

I don't have a Groundstation on my P2NV yet, but I understood that the Phantom always points to the next waypoint, but at 3:08 you are flying backwards. How did you do that?