Way points route question

Reaction score
Haven't used way points yet but want to give it a go tomorrow.

My question is this. Lets say I set way point #1 at 50 feet. I then ascend to 150 feet and fly at that altitude to way point #2 and mark it. I proceed to ascend the the next altitude, then fly to the next way point location and mark it.

When the Phantom flys the way points itself, how is altitude adjusted between way points. In other words, in my example, would the drone gradually elevate while moving to way point # 2 or would it climb first in place, then travel to the next way point? Or, would it follow the identical path I took why flying the mission to set the way points?

Last edited:
There is a couple options you can select, I believe the one that follows record follows the exact route you took, free lets you change the rotation while you move, and route gradually elevates, I think... I might be completely wrong though.

....some apps will allow you to "curve" around the way points for a smooth transition as well. But typically a still straight line in elevation

The waypoint DJI Go app will fly your P3 straight from wp to wp. This means the altitude difference between wp's will be gradual as you fly. While it does travel straight to the waypoints, it will radius the turns for smoothness.
The options listed concern the camera position through the mission. Consult the manual, watch a video or experiment. Be sure to set RTH high enough to clear anything in the way if it needs to come home mid mission.

Is it possible to record a flight and follow it at a later date? This would adjust elevation as I intended vs gradual but even between way points?

Is it possible to record a flight and follow it at a later date? This would adjust elevation as I intended vs gradual but even between way points?
Missions are saved and "recalled" using their date and time as names.
I didn't quite understand your second sentence, but yes, altitude is adjusted gradually when flying from waypoint to waypoint.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers