Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Professional way points error message?

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by Foxeye, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Foxeye

My first attempt at way points went off without any issues, but when I tried it again I was getting a message that said I needed at least 5 meters between points. I know I flew over 5 meters from point 1 to point 2 originally, so I flew even further to set the second point and still got the same message. Tried a few more times with no luck of setting the 2nd point so I aborted the mission.

Either I don't know how to gauge 20 or so feet, or there is something I am missing. Has anyone had this issue before? My first thought is pilot error, but I am concerned there might be something going on with the software.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

2. Foxeye

Never mind! Just went out again to try out way points again and was able to get a nice flight even in 10 to 15 mph wind. Maybe I just needed to start the whole route by being at a higher altitude.
    I've seen other threads asking about how the bird responds to changes in altitude along the programmed flight. I can say mine took a nice gradual change along the way and I was able to take it down to within a few meters to the ground as one of the points.