Way over exposed, help with settings or AE problems

Reaction score
Lately my video is over exposed. I'm wondering if I have a setting disabled or do I have a problem with my AE? it is not locked. Also, when I use the exposure ring pointer, it seems to take seconds to recognize the area to expose and auto correct the exposure for that area. However, when I point the camera to a slightly different area, I have to physically touch the screen to adjust the exposure again! It's as though the Auto-Exposure is not terribly responsive.
I'm a new pilot so I apologize if this "problem" is extremely basic.
Attached is a recent video that shows my issue.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Thanks for your help.

If your AE is not locked (or is) you can adjust the exposure with the right hand (finger) wheel or tap on the screen to determine where on the image you need a exposure value taken, you will see a green circle. You also can have the histogram screen show on your tablet, the option is in the settings. AE locked works fine and will over ride when you adjust with the wheel.

As already stated there are lots of things you can do to change over exposure but by far the best thing you could do would be to purchase polarising filters for your drone.
In short, sunglasses for your camera.

You might have your exposure compensation set wrong.. Have you tried to darken you images using the wheel on the right side of the controller?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.