Wavy lines in video

Reaction score
So I received my Phantom 2 today. I installed the Zenmuse H3-2D and took it out for a flight. After I got home, due to a crash but only a broken propeller, I noticed the video is kind of wavy. I have a GoPro 3 Black+ and have the video set to 1080P Wide at 60FPS. Does anyone know what this is from? I am thinking it could be the fact that it is on wide FOV and you can see the propellers so may it is trying to keep up with them? Just looking for suggestions. What is everyone filming in, wide normal or narrow FOV?

Thanks for any help or suggestions. I am just getting started and looking for advice.

You might want to do a search on "Jello Effect". I could try to explain it but....

Thanks, I understand the jello effect, but I thought the Zenmuse was supposed to prevent this from happening. Also, I forgot to mention that while the Phantom is facing away from the sun it does not do this. I am trying to upload a video to show what I mean. It is not through the whole video, just while facing or flying in the direction of the sun.

Hi,
It sounds like a "flickering type shadow" caused by the props casting a moving shadow across the Gopro lens. Some people add a home-made lens hood to the camera. Or I find if you tilt the camera down a bit with the gimbal tilt option that can reduce it. Flying away from the sun does not suffer from this effect as you have found out.

bill

Thanks for all the great advice!! A separate questions, is there a way to get email alerts when someone replies to your post? I have a busy schedule, as I am sure most do, and do not get a chance to log on as much as I would like. I was not notified that I had a reply(s) to this post.

Thanks!!

GoProRookie said:
A separate questions, is there a way to get email alerts when someone replies to your post? I have a busy schedule, as I am sure most do, and do not get a chance to log on as much as I would like. I was not notified that I had a reply(s) to this post.

Thanks!!

You can either check the box that says Notify me when a reply is posted (below the dialog box in the grey shaded area) or set it up automatically under user control panel.

pault said:
I was out filming yesterday and got wavy lines - not sure if it was an atmospheric affect or what

any opinion gratefully received

http://youtu.be/3Czu3Hpza7A

[youtube]http://youtu.be/3Czu3Hpza7A[/youtube] - any tips on how to embed a youtube vid ?

The gimbal won't stop Jello by itself - Jello is caused by vibration transmitting to the camera. Before I got the GoPro I used Velcro and attached a cheap MUVI camera to the frame. Jeeeelllllllooooooo... I fixed it by padding it with a bit of soft foam. No Jeeeelllllloooooooo....

Looks like Jello but it also looks like you might have done some post editing. There is some pixelation. Did you use YouTube or something to change the video? Sometimes that will cause problems - especially if you decrease resolution. I was screwing around with a video the other day and managed to turn it into crap instead of 'enhancing' it.

No processing, just clipped a segment using windows movie maker and uploaded to YouTube. You cannot see the effect so clearly in the clip, on my monitor it looks much worse,. I will try to balance the props. Thanks for the feedback :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4