Waves in Video

Reaction score
Hi
Just bought myself a new DJI phantom 3 drone. Installed the new firmware and calibrated the IMU as recommended. First Flight took several times to calibrate compass. Said there was a Metal interference, although I was minimum of 5 m away from any metal. During flight it was too bright to see my phone screen, so just flew in line of sight. When I re-watched my recordings from that flight, I saw unusual waves appearing in the video. There was something obviously wrong. afterwards I tried some of the intelligent flight modes. Only had enough battery power for point of interest and follow me. When I tried following me my drone went the opposite way that I was walking . Also there was something obviously wrong. PLEASE HELP!
It would be a great help if you could identify the problem that I was having with the camera. Thanks

You will fond that the video creating waves is standard as it's a live feed to the phone. Take out the SD card from the drone and you will see their is no waves on the footage [emoji4]

Neon Euc

Reactions: Budman and DCJ64
Hi
Just bought myself a new DJI phantom 3 drone. Installed the new firmware and calibrated the IMU as recommended. First Flight took several times to calibrate compass. Said there was a Metal interference, although I was minimum of 5 m away from any metal.

You may know this, but if you are taking off from concrete, there could be metal reinforcing in it that interferes. I know I have that problem with my driveway.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: cabokalz
You may know this, but if you are taking off from concrete, there could be metal reinforcing in it that interferes. I know I have that problem with my driveway.

Hi
Thanks for the reply
Was flying for the first time in an oval with a cricket pitch. May have been the cause...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Does anyone know why my drone was flying away from me when in follow me mode? Only walk a few meters since I was worried it would crash into some trees.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr