waterproofing..Would this work for Phantom

Have u tryd it out yet? Maybe a good test would be a similar working electrical device (less expensive) and see how it goes

I have not tried it. I have a can on order. I will test it on one of my $25 copters and see what happens and let you know.

Your motors are not bothered by water. Bearings may rust especially from saltwater. CorrosionX may keep them from rusting. ESC's did not do well with CorrosionX but could be sealed with epoxy. NAZA flight controller would be a problem since it has a barometer that needs to breathe.
Best to never let them get wet. Transfer the guts to a floating, waterproof shell and fly without fear of water.

syotr said:
Transfer the guts to a floating, waterproof shell and fly without fear of water.

The WiFi module already overheats. I know the ESC's run red hot too. Wouldn't sealing the whole thing up cause some serious problems?

rbhamilton said:
syotr said:
Transfer the guts to a floating, waterproof shell and fly without fear of water.

The WiFi module already overheats. I know the ESC's run red hot too. Wouldn't sealing the whole thing up cause some serious problems?
ESC's can be cooled with heatsinks that protrude through the shell. My Phantom 1 did not have WiFi module so that was not an issue for me but it could probably be cooled in a similar fashion. Gortex patches allow the altimeter to breathe.
I have built two of these. You can see details here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2219510

Attachments

• Dex vs Phantom.jpg
    Dex vs Phantom.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 440
  • dex lg.jpg
    dex lg.jpg
    464.5 KB · Views: 431
Indeed, good job syotr

Members online

No members online now.