water in camera lens

Reaction score
crashed at edge of pond. Broke a prop camera got wet. Let it dry and all seems well except for moisture in camera creating fog in pictures. removed filter and moisture there. still some in camera is there any more dis-assembly I can do to correct this problem?

RTH failed by 10 yards and I went into a lake. Took off the lens but there is still something there causing fog in the pics/videos. Can I take it apart further to get rid of it?

If it is fogging up, there is still moisture. Take some silica gel packets (or rice if you can't find that) in a zip lock bag and rubber band the bag around the camera. Few days, it should completely dry out.

crashed at edge of pond. Broke a prop camera got wet. Let it dry and all seems well except for moisture in camera creating fog in pictures. removed filter and moisture there. still some in camera is there any more dis-assembly I can do to correct this problem?

I found this site a while back and have it bookmarked if I need it.

"RTH failed by 10 yards and I went into a lake."​
RTH is not AutoLand.

But to the OP question, my cellphone went through the laundry recently and wow, the lens on the camera was useless. A day in a baggie with a handful of rice really works.

Reactions: bobmyers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen