Water, Boats and a Close Call

Reaction score
A Video of a marina in Bristol R.I. And kind of a near miss of a sail boat, Always know your surroundings when doing an orbit! Thanks for Watching.

A Video of a marina in Bristol R.I. And kind of a near miss of a sail boat, Always know your surroundings when doing an orbit! Thanks for Watching.
Speaking of knowing your surroundings, you're flying in PVD Class E Surface Airspace. Hope you gave them a call if you're Part 101, or obtained a Waiver/Auth if you're Part 107.
You don't want any other kind of near misses.
Nice footage, though.
VFRMAP - Digital Aeronautical Charts

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the advice, i knew I was more than 5 miles from the airport, the app never notified me of class E surface guess its time to study the maps

Thanks for the advice, i knew I was more than 5 miles from the airport, the app never notified me of class E surface guess its time to study the maps
My pleasure. I personally do not think much of "Apps" for flight-planning. vfrmap.com or iflightplanner.com provide current FAA Sectional charts to work with. Of course, this requires learning to read Sectional charts with confidence. Purchasing a paper Sectional chart from an airport near you, of the area you normally fly in, has the added benefit of providing the chart legend to refer to. Remember paper FAA Sectional charts go "out of date" and are "Not To Be Used For Navigation" every 56 days. I think having a copy to refer to for the legend is a great idea, as you transition to using vfrmap.com.
Before a flight, don't forget to check for current NOTAM's and TFR's, and you will be as safe as you can be.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl