Watching 4K Video

Reaction score
Hello ALL,

Thanks in advance for all your help. Ok, so I have a P3P and I have a new 4K TV. How do I view my 4K footage on the 4K TV? This is frustating, because the only thing I was able to get to work is run the footage off my laptop using a HDMI cable. I would like to directly watch the footage on the 4K TV but for some reason using a USB the drive is not reading my 4K MP4 files (Yes the TV is compatible reading MP4 with USB) So I'm curious what you guys out there do to watch 4K on your 4K TV?

Thanks,

Eric

I have viewed 4K MP4 videos on 4K TV's after transferring the files to a USB drive. Didn't have to do anything special.

I have viewed 4K MP4 videos on 4K TV's after transferring the files to a USB drive. Didn't have to do anything special.

Pretty much same here except I have a small USB 3 card reader connected to my TV so I don't even have to transfer files to a USB drive. Just insert my micro SD card into the reader and it pops up on the TV just like Windows.

Pretty much same here except I have a small USB 3 card reader connected to my TV so I don't even have to transfer files to a USB drive. Just insert my micro SD card into the reader and it pops up on the TV just like Windows.
I have one of those also, but it doesn't work with my LG smart tv for some unknown reason.

Read the manual for the TV, available online, if don't have the original. There are some limitations some 4K TVs have that prevent viewing certain files. My Samsung gives a error warning, but shows the file anyway. A friend's Sony refuses to show the file.

Read the manual for the TV, available online, if don't have the original. There are some limitations some 4K TVs have that prevent viewing certain files. My Samsung gives a error warning, but shows the file anyway. A friend's Sony refuses to show the file.
Mine is a Samsung 4k and works great.
It's so easy and convenient to just insert the Phantom's SD and view the videos.
The detail of a 4k video is amazing.

My Samsung works through USB but the file shows GPS telemetry at the bottom of the video on the TV. This doesn't show when playing back through my Mac. Kind of puzzled by that.

Thank you everyone for your help!!! I've done everything besides fully reformatting my USB drives. This worked!!! You guys are the best!

My Samsung works through USB but the file shows GPS telemetry at the bottom of the video on the TV. This doesn't show when playing back through my Mac. Kind of puzzled by that.

Turn off the subtitles on the tv.

I have a P3s so 2.7k in my case to Samsung 9 series.

I purchased an android media box that plays 4K. "MyGica 1900ac.
-Ran a HDMI straight to TV. 10metres under the house.
-download all my flights to my server as soon as i get home.
-and stream them over the network.

I realized that my old integra reciever was trying to downscale them to 1080 which looks shite.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you're interested in seeing them on the Mac, you can open the .SRT file in VLC and if the movie is in the same folder, it should show the subtitle info as well.

I have a Samsung 4K TVs, I just use an sd , USB adapter , only some of my footage would play, did a few experiments, and found out that it will only playback footage which has been recorded at 1080' and nothing else. Don't be put off though, the footage is absolutely incredible, crystal clear videos, I now playback everything through my tv.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Some 4k (UHD) TV can only play back the 3840 x 2160 resolution, what is in fact UHD. Where you might have filmed in full 4k 4096 x 2160 on your drone and if this is the case that would be why, if you have filmed in full resolution, drop it down to 3840 x 2160 and do a quick test recording and try playing it back.

Some 4k (UHD) TV can only play back the 3840 x 2160 resolution, what is in fact UHD. Where you might have filmed in full 4k 4096 x 2160 on your drone and if this is the case that would be why, if you have filmed in full resolution, drop it down to 3840 x 2160 and do a quick test recording and try playing it back.
Spot on! That's what happens with my Sony Bravia 2015 Android tv. First couple of videos
played fine, then I changed the resolution to "real" full4K and the videos wouldn't play on my tv. On the next flight I changed the settings to UHD(3840x2160) and they now
playback perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20