Watch your prop numbers!

Reaction score
Back in January, I took delivery on my P2 and in no time had busted a set of props. The package deal I bought came with some additional props. So when I replaced the props, I thought that they were all the same pitch. It was not until I began having flight problems, such as flying in a straight line, turning and such, that I began trying to figure out what could be a contributing factor to the poor flight performance. Eventually, I decided to check the pitch on the propellers and was shocked to find out that I had two 9443's and two 9450's. I had taken it for granted that I was flying the same pitch prop on all the motors. I am sure the Guru's of flight will want to intercede and tell me that 7 degrees of pitch is no big deal and it might not be, but it is something I had failed to inspect and rectify, so this is just a friendly reminder to everyone to be sure your flying the same pitch props, especially if you bought a package deal from a dealer, he might have thrown in some different pitch props in the package.

Uniform props definitely makes a difference and it's a big deal.

The last two numbers aren't actually their pitch in degrees but rather how far they'd move in inches with one rotation is a solid medium (the decimal between the two numbers is implied, i.e. 4.3 and 5.0 inches).

Reactions: captblast
Thanks for the update and explanation, I stand corrected and thanks for the correction.

I just got back from flying, between rain storms here in Arkansas, with a complete set of identical props. Talk about a huge difference in handling and flying. Reminded me of when I first flew my P2 right after I took deliver. So yep, flying with different numbers DJI props is not a good idea, the difference is unbelievable. Can not believe I flew my P2 with different prop numbers and was able to control it. It actually hovered like it originally did to begin with. Just goes to show you that your never to old to learn and never to old to screw up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20