Watch what happened to this poor guy (Video)

Meta4 said:
Happyflyer said:
I have read several times where people shut off the transmitter to get a RTH. I also remember some one stating it was a bad idea. Maybe one of the "bad idea" people can step in and state why they think so.
You read lots of things on the forum - not all of them are accurate.
The manual doesn't say it's a bad idea.
i-v37nRDG-L.jpg

But it does say that RTH will activate when signal is lost, whether that's from switching off or going out of range.
I can't imagine what might be wrong with switching the Tx off to initiate RTH but would be happy to hear any ideas.
In my situation last week, it was my only option and worked a treat.

I absolutely agree it should be tested, along with home lock. If there are two ways to initiate it (turn off the tx or flip a switch) I'll flip a switch and leave the tx on.
If once it gets back into view and I want to take control back, I won't have to worry about whether they will sync back up or how long it will take.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Marlin009 said:
.....I absolutely agree it should be tested, along with home lock. If there are two ways to initiate it (turn off the tx or flip a switch) I'll flip a switch and leave the tx on.
If once it gets back into view and I want to take control back, I won't have to worry about whether they will sync back up or how long it will take.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid. <<<I don't think so.
I think that is the area of where I was thinking. Will it gain control of the quad if you have turned xmit off?

Marlin, Why did you post that the guy was an idiot? By the way, why is yours at DJI.

oakspi said:
Marlin, Why did you post that the guy was an idiot? By the way, why is yours at DJI.

Mine was at DJI because they built it with ESC's that were incompatible with the motors.

The man is an idiot, in my opinion, because he is flying his quad without knowing what its capabilities are and how it works.
As pointed out earlier, the moment he lost sight he should have put it in home lock and brought it back. Throw in trying to do it
with FPV and it just makes the problem worse.

If yer gonna tell it to return to home, you might wanna stay home. ;)

A bit harsh, IMHO, the guy admitted he panicked when the fpv on his phone froze. As always when people panic they don't think rationally. As you say he then did it all wrong!
A least he was man enough to post up the video of his own error..

Reactions: Electric Warrior

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers