Watch "Watch out for those Trees" on YouTube

Reaction score

This what not to do when flying low and not paying attention. The phantom survived only got a broken side duall battery mount which is fixed now.

Sent from my LG-H831 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well you got luckier then me. I flew mine into the top of a 128' tree on the return home. If I would of flown the same route I would of been safe. But batteries were running low and I wanted to make sure I made it back. I didn't, it fell 128'. Battery, camera, drone, and other pieces ended up scattered in about 25' radius. It looked like it exploded

Sent from my LGUK410 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Wow i guess so. I was worried it was damaged but was surprised to see her upside down in heavy brush. Took me 20 min to get to her using my own human gps

Sent from my LG-H831 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I got lucky on a return home yesterday.. I gained signal just in time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah you were lucky, it almost hit that rock. Mine experience was my own fault I was close enough but decided to gun it and see how fast I could get her going, not realizing the trees fast approaching, before I brain could see the FPV view and react it was too late, she hit the brances and tumbled, luckly she survived practicly without a scratch just a broken battery mount which is all fixed up now.

This is mine. I was paying too much attention to the view from the camera that I did not notice how close it was to that tree. The landing gear just touched the tree. You can see the prop wash blow the limb around.

I'm _extremely_ careful to get close to anything. Just a momentary lapse of judgment.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4