Watch that battery cover

Reaction score
Twice, I have gone out flying, and after a few minutes, I noticed the back of my control unit felt funny.. When I turned it over, I found the battery cover was gone.. I don't know if they have a weak latch, but I usually lay my control units on the bed, in between flights.. Both times, this is where I found the cover.. I'm tempted to maybe add some duct tape or something on the cover, just as a safety precaution.. Seems to me I read somewhere about dire consequences, if the batteries fall out..

I've noticed that as well. Perhaps the battery cover design could use a bit of tweaking.

I can guarantee it wasn't because I didn't latch it properly, as having read before about the problems of losing the batteries, I'm extremely **** about securing the cover, whenever I change the batteries..

On the inside of the battery cover, attach a couple strips of self-adhesive foam weather stripping. The additional pressure will secure the cover, and it looks a lot better than a piece of duct tape on the back!

Have the same issue with mine. I just used a strip of duct tape to keep it in place.

Dirty Bird said:
On the inside of the battery cover, attach a couple strips of self-adhesive foam weather stripping. The additional pressure will secure the cover, and it looks a lot better than a piece of duct tape on the back!

Nice tip, thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.