Watch out for 3rd Party Registration Sites

Reaction score
Folks, when doing a search on Google for registering your drone, the first site that comes up is a site that is charging $25 to registering your drone with the FAA. After reading through the site, they claim:

Fill out the online Drone Registration Application in less than 5 minutes. Our agents will review your application for omissions and errors. Once the FAA's drone registration system goes live, our experts will start your registration process and confirmation will be emailed to you. At that stage, you will receive a registration number to mark on each drone that will be tied directly to the owner. Throughout this process, we will communicate any further registration requirements directly with you. We are always here to help with any questions that you may have.

I figured people would try and take advantage of this requirement. From what I understand the registration process on the FAA site would be very quick and easy, cost $5 (which is refunded if you do it in the next 30 days).

No need to go through third party people trying to make money on something you can do yourself for free.

The site I ran into is located at DRONE REGISTRATION.

Go directly to the FAA site instead: sUAS Registration

If you didn't know or did not realize that the registration was only $5, someone might use this site when they do not have to.

Beware!

Last edited:
That was for pre-registration but warning heeded. Hopefully no one falls for that. You have to wonder if that is a way to enter bogus info & get registered.

I just finsihed my registration. It took all of about 2 minutes. The above site is a joke. To register at the FAA site, you need to enter your name, address and email address. Nothing else is needed. (Besides a CC number for the $5.00 they charge, which again, will be refunded if you do this in 30 days).

To charge $25 to "check submission form" for errors is a complete joke. This kind of stuff pisses me off. Anything to separate people from their money...

Reactions: GoodnNuff
There will be people who fall for this though........unfortunately

Not sure these guys are responsible. I think this is actually just a business center that has office space for rent for small businesses.

Looks like they were smart enough to make their domain registration private so no information there. I did notice that the have an LLC so if you really wanted to know what scam artist is responsible for this, you can probably search for "Epert Drones LLC" if they bothererd actually registering as required by law.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31