Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Watch "First sucsseful WayPoint12042014" on YouTube

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by TomWolves, Dec 4, 2014.

1. TomWolves

First sucsseful WayPoint12042014: http://youtu.be/Cq5pgiDz93Q
    I've had my P2V+ since the first of September 2014, and today was the first way point I have done.What a rush!

2. saltire

Re: Watch

What were your malfunctioning issues that prevented you from using the gs function?.

3. npalen

Ground Station is cool. Looking forward to more enhancements including the one by ilovecoffee.

4. TomWolves

When I would fly I would have 9 or 10 satellites,then when I started the video in the ground station app the satellites would drop to 3 or 4 satellites . I would call support and they kept saying "do this,do that", knowing what was wrong.They replaced the shielding, compass wire, connection to the camera.Then when I got it back I had plenty of satellites and slow green flashing lights,but NO power to the camera.So I thought maybe it needed rebinding, so after 5 times trying to rebinding my phantom, obviously it was something else, well low and behold the DJI pro's forgot to attach the cable to the fricken camera in the upper left (if the camera is pointed towards you) so I was able to take it up, straight up with gps and take video with 10 satellites.That was last week.Weather has been bad so today was a good day to fly.It was awesome to say the least.Oh yah, it took over a month to get my phantom back.

5. saltire

I had the same issues with sat drop but managed to fix it myself.
    One thing i wish they would impliment is the ability to set up waypoints at home and store them because some places where i go there is no cellular connections .

6. TomWolves

Satire you don't have to have cellular connection to set way points, as the WiFi extender connects itself to the phantom. My tablet isn't a phone.

7. MapMaker53

Yes, my problem also. My tablet is wifi only, so I must either load my map image at home and keep the tablet powered up in the car while I travel to a site (sometimes hours away), or I research a convenient location near the site that offers free wifi at their location (McDonalds, Panera Bread, Starbucks, library, etc) so I can load the map image when I am near the site. I do still enter the way points while at the site as the Phantom wifi connects directly. Haven't tried entering them while at home yet.

8. kenargo

Approved Vendor

I think he means so that the maps can be downloaded.

9. TomWolves

Oh, okay! I understand now.

10. hey_moe

That looks really cool. Looking forward to trying it out, thanks for posting it, Mike

11. BuzzBuzzZoomZoom

What a gorgeous area to fly. I would be doing some MAJOR distance tests there! Very clear, sparsely populated, easy enough to go retrieve a failed flight. Very nice.