Watch "First Crash" on YouTube

Didn't take long from liftoff - went right towards it, lol.
Well I started recording once I'd positioned the drone above the water. I'm using a samsung galaxy tab 4 it seems to be a bit laggy on the video feed. I need to invest in something better......not to mention improve on my FPV piloting skills. [emoji15]

Sent from my SM-G925F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey, be sure that you've closed all other apps on your device before you fly - that can and does cause lag all the time. Might be all the difference you need.

Also, my phone gets *really* hot after a battery's worth of VR flying, and it's not that old, so we are asking a lot from our phones! Very resource-intensive. Maybe even a fresh reboot before flight just to see if that helps.

Also, my phone gets *really* hot after a battery's worth of VR flying, and it's not that old, so we are asking a lot from our phones! Very resource-intensive. Maybe even a fresh reboot before flight just to see if that helps.
Yes I have disabled most apps, some you're unable to unfortunately. There will be some pesky app in the background causing the lag, or it'll just be the tablet not having enough power to process it all. Thanks for the advice. [emoji106]

Watch the vacuum effect when flying so close to trees... Close proximity to bushes and trees create a powerful attraction .... The drone was sucked in by the trees!.. Nice recovery though!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Watch the vacuum effect when flying so close to trees... Close proximity to bushes and trees create a powerful attraction .... The drone was sucked in by the trees!.. Nice recovery though!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Im glad you said that, I was wondering if that was the case because when I realised it was way to close to the bushes on the right side of the water I did pull to the left but it just didn't want to pull away.

Yes I have disabled most apps, some you're unable to unfortunately. There will be some pesky app in the background causing the lag, or it'll just be the tablet not having enough power to process it all. Thanks for the advice. [emoji106]

There are apps out there that allow you to disable these background apps. This should really help with the lag.

Am I right in thinking (based on your join date) that you flew up a river four days or so after getting your phantom? If I was you I'd practice a lot more before attempting that. That should be a really easy water course to follow if you have some experience. You got off really lightly there IMHO.

Am I right in thinking (based on your join date) that you flew up a river four days or so after getting your phantom? If I was you I'd practice a lot more before attempting that. That should be a really easy water course to follow if you have some experience. You got off really lightly there IMHO.
No I only joined the forum very recently but had my phantom now for a few months. I've flown it as much as I can (weather permitting in the UK). It was a bit challenging tbh and do need more practice, especially FPV only flight when the phantom is not in sight due to obstructions etc...live and learn. I'm very lucky, the outcome could have been much worse.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4