Watch Ebay for panic Phantom sellers in the next few days!

Reaction score
Today's announcement has already caused a rash of panic selling on Ebay today, including several members of this forum....... It reminds me of the stock market crash of 2008! There is nothing different about your P3/P4 than it was yesterday. Don't dummy up to the Chinese who realize that Americans/Canadians/Australians love new Chinese technology and take advantage of it, like Apple does. Face it, we are SUCKERS! Yes it is a bit smaller, but it won't fly any better or take any better pictures than your old bird. The worse part about DJI is there service; this will just make it worse. And there will be lots of bugs in the hardware/software that we don't even know about yet. In a few short months the Phantom 5 will be out and people will say "Mavic what??" Hang tough, don't give in. If there is nothing wrong with what you have and you , then WAIT! Patience is a virtue. Make the time and effort to buy up cheap spares that you will find on eBay in the next few weeks. It will be crazy I am sure. Only those that sell today will get a good price. After today prices will drop for a good long while. Be a BUYER not a seller! Or do nothing!

LIKE IF YOU AGREE! Thanks!

While your comments are not without sense, are you on a mission or something? :p

You already spammed this in the Mavic Release discussion topic....

Reactions: kykayak
While your comments are not without sense, are you on a mission or something? :p

You already spammed this in the Mavic Release discussion topic....

You think it is spam? hmmm. Its a totally different subject on a totally different discussion topic. And yeah, I am kinda bitter since I just bought 2 P3's and I am a newbie. Oh well. Hopefully it will be good for the hobby and make newbies be able to find cheaper used birds.

Reactions: Badgenes
I agree... When did P4 come out? Early part of this year? You're mad because you bought two P3's?

I could understand if you bought the P4, but you didn't. You started out behind the market trend.

Granted I love P3's!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: kykayak
Hey.. I bought the P4 from Best Buy for $1534 (added some extras) about 3 week ago.. I was going to return it since I preordered a Mavic but missed the return deadline by 2 days.. :( Guess its part of my collection now..

Why would you guys buy a P4 without even waiting to see the Mavic? It was granted that the price would go down ..

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Agree with neocacher 100%, but like most of us, buying decisions are not always rational [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

As soon as you get a Mavic Pro The 2.0 version will come out. The same as buying a computer. You are purchasing a flying computer.

What is the purpose of this post besides some trolling?

If anything, the quick uptake of people ditching their old drones to prepare for Mavic is a statement that they see Mavic as not just a transitional upgrade (as was P4), but truly revolutionary product.

Panic? What are Phantoms exploding or something? Just because people want to sell something they own to buy something new, doesn't mean they are "panic selling".
I have to agree a little with the panic thing. People are trying to sell their P3s and P4s which I assume to get the Mavic. I guess they want to sell before the general public figures out how the value has diminished in the market. Some are asking some high prices.

I have to agree a little with the panic thing. People are trying to sell their P3s and P4s which I assume to get the Mavic. I guess they want to sell before the general public figures out how the value has diminished in the market. Some are asking some high prices.

until the mavic gets quality like the Phantom 3/4, its not going anywhere. I'm no camera junky, but its hard for me to downgrade, DJI knows this as well.

Panic selling would normally cause a sharp decline in prices and the "panicked" sellers would sell with little regard to how low the market price went. Has anyone seen the selling price of Phantoms dramatically falling? Personally, I want to keep my Phantom 4, for at least a little while, so I can compare the two and maybe have them take some videos of each other in the air. I'll be panicked if I have a mid-air collision and lose both of my high-priced drones though :eek:

until the mavic gets quality like the Phantom 3/4, its not going anywhere. I'm no camera junky, but its hard for me to downgrade, DJI knows this as well.

What exactly would you be downgrading to...??? You buying an Autel/Typhoon or something.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Panic selling would normally cause a sharp decline in prices and the "panicked" sellers would sell with little regard to how low the market price went. Has anyone seen the selling price of Phantoms dramatically falling? Personally, I want to keep my Phantom 4, for at least a little while, so I can compare the two and maybe have them take some videos of each other in the air. I'll be panicked if I have a mid-air collision and lose both of my high-priced drones though :eek:

Well I dont know what they were selling for before,I didnt check.But 599 for the P3 Advanced with the case and extra battery seems pretty low,especially since most people paid at least 799 for the P3A without the case and extra battery.I wonder what the lowest price is on a new P3A now?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.