Was wondering..............

Reaction score
Before the new update of 3.10+ the Phantom used to let you know if the MUI calibration was off by flashing 2 green flashes.

Now that is normal, has anyone found out if the Phantom lets you know if the Phantom needs calibrating with the new firmware in place?

Are there a new set of flashes, indicators if your Phantom needs calibrating? has anyone thought about this, or know anything?

denodan said:
Before the new update of 3.10+ the Phantom used to let you know if the MUI calibration was off by flashing 2 green flashes.

Now that is normal, has anyone found out if the Phantom lets you know if the Phantom needs calibrating with the new firmware in place?

Are there a new set of flashes, indicators if your Phantom needs calibrating? has anyone thought about this, or know anything?

Firmware 3.12 led changes:
GREEN - ready to fly, left joystick centered (GPS MODE)
GREEN - GREEN ready to fly, left joystick NOT centered (GPS MODE)
YELLOW - ready to fly, left joystick centered (ATTI MODE)
YELLOW - GREEN ready to fly, left joystick NOT centered (ATTI MODE)

GREEN (20 TIMES) : Home Position recorded

Combinations GREEN + RED and YELLOW + RED are the same than version 3.1 / 3.0

denodan said:

Actually, two green flashes used to mean that the phantom was getting inputs from sticks.

it was 4 to 6 green flashes that meant something was wrong with calibration and such.

Anybody notice anything great about new upgrades ? Or the same meaningless nothing ? I'm not upgrading until they do something meaningful, and explain it in laymans terms. So far notta.

Gary39 said:
Anybody notice anything great about new upgrades ? Or the same meaningless nothing ? I'm not upgrading until they do something meaningful, and explain it in laymans terms. So far notta.

1. auto take off at 50% throttle.

2. NAZA-M assistant software: Add the Compass (raw) value in the “Tools” tab, and also the “Mod” value of Gyroscope, Acceleration and Compass, to help users fix the navigation problems

3. Many reported much better GPS lock.

4. Many reported faster warm up time.

5. Wobbling on descending is reduced.

6. New LED pattern.

7. New improved software to eliminate fly away.( Add Receiver Advanced Protection Function.)

8.Fix the problem of transmitter mid point deviation and travel asymmetry. Add mid point checking when power on, if there is too much deviation of mid point, motor start fails and LED indicator flashes Red to warn you.

9. Optimize stop motor in Intelligent Mode, the criterion of stopping motor changes from under 40% throttle stick to under 10%.

That was all in 2.10 / 3.10 There were more complaints than compliments. New 2.12 / 3.12 looks like nothing changed. I would like to see something worthwhile. Anybody that thinks anything they have done so far is an improvement, had a bad phantom to start with. And that 50% throttle thing they developed is ridiculous,if anyone thinks that is an improvement,they never flew rc before. If you want to use failsafe instead of hl, good luck charlie, don't accidently hit that switch. I downloaded 2.10 /3.10 and am very unhappy with it 2.00 / 3.00 was way better than their upgrade, Everybody has their likes and dislikes, I'd like to see some improvement.

Gary39 said:
That was all in 2.10 / 3.10 There were more complaints than compliments. New 2.12 / 3.12 looks like nothing changed. I would like to see something worthwhile. Anybody that thinks anything they have done so far is an improvement, had a bad phantom to start with. And that 50% throttle thing they developed is ridiculous,if anyone thinks that is an improvement,they never flew rc before. If you want to use failsafe instead of hl, good luck charlie, don't accidently hit that switch. I downloaded 2.10 /3.10 and am very unhappy with it 2.00 / 3.00 was way better than their upgrade, Everybody has their likes and dislikes, I'd like to see some improvement.

That 50% throttle thing SUXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!

mercillus said:
That 50% throttle thing SUXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!
Only sometimes. At high altitude, it's nice knowing that when I pull below 50%, it's coming down. What is needed is a spring loaded throttle stick.

Gary39 said:
I think the big difference between 3.10 and 3.12 was the Receiver Advanced Protection.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic