Was trying for 3 miles this evening

I'm not a long range flyier, but I was able to push my P3A out to 4,1km (roughly 2,5 miles). I was using windsurfers, because here in europe it's quite difficult to push the craft out more than 2,5 km (1,5 miles) with stock antennas.
Anyway, I wanted to reach that exact point so I went straight there. I had time to do a little hovering and to explore the area a little, then hitted RTH to come back home. On the way back I started getting nervous because of battery time: therefore I pushed on throttle.
I landed with 25% battery left.
I am sure 3 miles are no problem... but mind the wind.
I recently got 10,000+ feet stock. I think weather conditions play a big part; it was early in the morning, zero wind and clear LOS. I took it really steadily there and back. Ended with 22% battery. I have a windsurfer but I haven't used it yet as I'm actually a bit worried about AC drift and losing signal.

Sorry but it's people like you who are ruining it for the rest of us. There are reasons you need to keep it visual and fly within the rules

actions such as yours keep the calls for banning of drones coming thanks!!
Good thing I went further. So no harm done.

It isn't that simple any more!
400' has been increased to 1000'.
They have now said that you CAN fly closer than 50m if you are using the camera as a visual aid to flying - ie FPV.
I think you can't record though lol.
Typical fudge and grey area!

Hi Wibble.
Where is this documented.
I haven't seen that before.
My quote is what is currently showing on the CAA website.

Glasses to read my ipad maybe..I took my P3P out yesterday flew out to 5250m (yes was flying out of town) it was a stroll in the park for the P3P, to me this bird performance wise is
awesome!!!

I did my long range tests but over farm land or a lake. 2.2 miles (each way) over open farm land with a wind surfer, but with trees blocking from my property. I then flew 2.4 miles (each way) over a lake. my hands trembled so much, but I wanted to see the range I would get with my P3p. I had a P3S and was only able to go about a mile so i had to test the bird. I don't know if I will repeat the flights, but I am glad i tried it.

Went out today with P3P today got out to 17940m (3.4 miles) before turning around had to come back into slight headwind.
maybe I am missing something here, but there are 1609 meters in a mile. sounds like you were at 17,940 feet, most i have gone is 5500 ft. and it was definitly out of my view. scary.

Fine with all of your ventures into la-la land. Why is it a goal to see how far out you can go? For kicks, passion, or for "safe flying procedures?" Have fun (and we expect your upcoming post asking why your Phantom disappeared?). I choose to always stay within sight - sorry, don't get old and wiser, this happens to you.

Fine with all of your ventures into la-la land. Why is it a goal to see how far out you can go? For kicks, passion, or for "safe flying procedures?" Have fun (and we expect your upcoming post asking why your Phantom disappeared?). I choose to always stay within sight - sorry, don't get old and wiser, this happens to you.
Nothing to do with your age, it's about taking some risk, pushing the limits = FUN. Some people rock climb, skydive, base jump, scuba dive and on and on. Now that's pushing your limits. I'm too scared for any of these, but pushing the limit of a Phantom drone I can handle.

Hi guys
I'm flying in the north of Sweden and the only thing i could crash on is trees.
Were i live i have a wiew for miles and miles (live in a high place.
After around 500m my drone phantom3 standard wants to go home, how on earth could you guys fly that far?
I'm afraid I must do something very wrong?
Could someone tell what to do to fly further than now.
Happy flying guys and girls

Hi guys
I'm flying in the north of Sweden and the only thing i could crash on is trees.
Were i live i have a wiew for miles and miles (live in a high place.
After around 500m my drone phantom3 standard wants to go home, how on earth could you guys fly that far?
I'm afraid I must do something very wrong?
Could someone tell what to do to fly further than now.
Happy flying guys and girls
I'm afraid that stock standard doesn't go much further than that

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Go to settings in the DJI app and turn off "Enable Max Distance" and you will fly further.

What am I doing wrong? - I can't go out of our sub division - way out there suburbs of Chicago. Corn fields in back - direct line of site - even tried it 300 - 400 feet high. I lose signal after 1200 feet about. I tried the extenders on the antennas - not much luck..

Any suggestions?

I have a P3A - but it almost seems like I don't have an Advance version.

Last edited:
What am I doing wrong? - I can't go out of our sub division - way out there suburbs of Chicago. Corn fields in back - direct line of site - even tried it 300 - 400 feet high. I lose signal after 1200 feet about. I tried the extenders on the antennas - not much luck..

Any suggestions?

I have a P3A
What is your live feed video quality set to in the menu? Maybe turn it down to 4 megabits per second if it isn't already? Also what version of the radio controller do you have? There's a number on the back with an a, b, or c at the end. I think the one with the c is the least powerful. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Its a GL300B. Looking at per second on video - right now I only see 24fps, MP4.
No, in the menu tap the icon that looks like your radio controller. I think at the bottom is the setting for the live video feed. There's a slider that you can adjust. Slide it all the way to the left.

I don't have live video feed enabled - you mean to Youtube for example.
Negative. The live fpv video going from your drone to your phone or tablet. You can set the quality. High quality gives less range and lower quality will give more range. Go main menu, tab radio controller icon. You'll see the slider at the bottom.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20