Was it just my turn?

Reaction score
So I've had my V+ for 8 months and not had a single crash or serious issue. Not even had to replace props! I decided to take it with me on a 3 day hike in the mountains. 3 batteries and all loaded me up to 15kg but that is just as bad as when i'm carrying climbing gear.

For rain and river crossings I decided to seal it in a plastic bag.

6 hours into the first day's hike I decided to get some footage. The steep valley only gave me 5 satellites at ground. Took off and got some height to get more satellites and eventually after a couple minutes at around 80m alt I got home lock. Headed out towards the waterfall and was at around 500m range, 100m alt. I was lining up a shot of the waterfall when I lost video and telemetry. Looked up and could not see it. RTH and wait - nothing! So somewhere in here is my v+ :(

No point searching. Inaccessible cliffs, trees and bush. I can only assume a complete power failure and it dropped like a stone. I was in open air. Marginal GPS lock (5-6 satellites). Had line of site until I looked down to frame the shot.

Any thoughts? Cooked it in the sun or possibly rattled something loose while hiking? Seems unlikely, just my turn?

What made it even worse I didn't get the money shot I wanted later on here

and I still had to carry the batteries and kit for another 2 days. So now instead of selling my V+ kit and getting an Inspire I think I'll have to get a new V+. On the plus side (punny I know)... she said yes :D

Attachments

• pack.jpg
    pack.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 541
  • DSC04809.jpg
    DSC04809.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 518
  • DSC04838.jpg
    DSC04838.jpg
    547.2 KB · Views: 572
  • DSC04958.jpg
    DSC04958.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 537
****,,, not good, did you look for it? Where is that? Beautiful area...

She said yes ?
Propose or something ?

hehe Congrads :)
I got engaged 2 months ago

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4