Was firmware v3.08 a bad descision?

That auto update that was forced on us... it looks like the only thing you can downgrade.. When I installed 3.2 I assumed I would of been given downgrade options.. but only thing that let me go down was the PCB or what ever the auto update thing was for. Bit late now, but you might of been able to let it complete, then just go backwards to original version.. but ya, welcome to 3.08 :p let us know of your findings..

Good thing you were able to fix it. Risky move yanking out the usb :]

justin00 said:
That auto update that was forced on us... it looks like the only thing you can downgrade.. When I installed 3.2 I assumed I would of been given downgrade options.. but only thing that let me go down was the PCB or what ever the auto update thing was for. Bit late now, but you might of been able to let it complete, then just go backwards to original version.. but ya, welcome to 3.08 :p let us know of your findings..

Good thing you were able to fix it. Risky move yanking out the usb :]

Anytime you have the firmware on tap you should be able to do crazy stuff like I did and get away with it. But as it was happening I did not know what was being installed on my quad. I have always been against dji doing that. They have our emails to let us know. I guess as long as they are able to do this without much resistance, they have no reason to change they way it being played out now.

Yeah true have same issue... but It does appear as if you can uninstall the update.. I suppose if the update screws the phantom and the uninstall fails, its kinda useless / to late. :]

Besides the news page which obviously not everyone reads... The assistant software should pop up with a warning in red saying you need to install the update (if you want) blah blah blah... but yeah, 100 diff ways they could handle it better than just forcing it on us.

*edit* I loaded ALL the updates on again, even though I had them all, including the zen I wasn't supposed to put on.. and for some reason.... its all working perfectly!!!
Gimbal is now level and doesnt take a while to adjust (sometimes) like it did when I first updated... sits nice and level all the time now :)
And tilt control works perfectly with basic controller/App.. I'm finally a happy camper errr flier once again :)

I now retract my wanting to downgrade statements lol.. :

justin00 said:
*edit* I loaded ALL the updates on again, even though I had them all, including the zen I wasn't supposed to put on.. and for some reason.... its all working perfectly!!!
Gimbal is now level and doesnt take a while to adjust (sometimes) like it did when I first updated... sits nice and level all the time now :)
And tilt control works perfectly with basic controller/App.. I'm finally a happy camper errr flier once again :)

I now retract my wanting to downgrade statements lol.. :
I am confused; do you have the new or old Tx?
Thank.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20